Manny Pacquiao best southpaw ever??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Bolded.....................
    You can't say all the cherrypicking you want... But, you can not accomplish what he has accomplished without your skillset being up to par... If that is the case then all the other guys who are "more skilled" would accomplished what he has... So obvious his skills is up to par... Give me your top 5 right now... Lets see it...

And, tell me who is a better win in Floyd resume then that first Barrera fight? Who Castillo? The guys who was coming off two controversial decisions agaisnt Steive Johnston... Who Chicanito Hernandez in his fairwell fight? A past prime Oscar? Who didn't get a significant win after that fight... Corrales? Really we going to put Corrales higher than Barrera? What his best win to date before fighting Floyd? Angel Manfreddy? Somebody who Floyd destroyed first in 2 rounds... Zab Judah? Really? Ricky Hatton? Really? Who exactly was better than that version of Barrera?

Pac has made history it laughable for anybody to even try and make a case that he does not belong in the top 5...

Comment

And, Burner for the record your little 100yrs theory is not the same as mind. Because there was not 130, 140, 154 a 100yrs ago... If Floyd would of went from 118, 126, 135, 147, and 160 undefeated weight-classes that you know have been around for a 100yrs then your argument holds water... 112 and 126 have been around for over 100yrs again let that sink in for a second those weight-classes have been around for over a 100yrs... And, Pac was the first to win a lineal Flyweight and a lineal feather title in over 100yrs of history again let that sink in... Because, I doubt it has yet... If didn't take skills then somebody in over a 100yrs would of done it by now... But, obvious it is not that easy... GTFOH with your hating...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        You can't say all the cherrypicking you want... But, you can not accomplish what he has accomplished without your skillset being up to par... If that is the case then all the other guys who are "more skilled" would accomplished what he has... So obvious his skills is up to par... Give me your top 5 right now... Lets see it...

And, tell me who is a better win in Floyd resume then that first Barrera fight? Who Castillo? The guys who was coming off two controversial decisions agaisnt Steive Johnston... Who Chicanito Hernandez in his fairwell fight? A past prime Oscar? Who didn't get a significant win after that fight... Corrales? Really we going to put Corrales higher than Barrera? What his best win to date before fighting Floyd? Angel Manfreddy? Somebody who Floyd destroyed first in 2 rounds... Zab Judah? Really? Ricky Hatton? Really? Who exactly was better than that version of Barrera?

Pac has made history it laughable for anybody to even try and make a case that he does not belong in the top 5...
        Thing is Jro you make your list based on the "achivements'. Without looking at who he fought and what kind of skill Pac has.

Top 5 Lefties:

1. Whitaker
        2. Hagler
        3. Saldivar
        4. Tendler
        5. Pacquiao/ Flowers

Im not sold on Pac He has to beat Mayweather. He cant side step him again. I mean Flash was a lefty. Is Pac greater then him? His career is not done yet. When hes retired we'll see where History places him.

Comment

So which is it does Lineal matter or not? One minute The belts and Lineal dont man **** then when it regards Pac it does. Bro that **** takes timing and CAREFUL matchmaking. Which is why it wont be done again. Thats a once in a lifetime feat. Secondly when Armstrong was around he didnt have the pleasure of cherrypicking a David Diaz or a 145 damaged Cotto he had to fight THEE GUY.

this is the same thing ive been saying..there are those who want to pick which lineal belt is worthy or not...Ive said this before..when It comes to baldo it means nothing cause hes a "bum" and the lineal is then worthless..but with Pac, its the end all, be all..lmao..

Comment

Pacquiao the greatest southpaw???????

Erik ****en Morales knows a thing or two about SWITCHING to southpaw...

thats all i need to say...

Comment

Thing is Jro you make your list based on the "achivements'. Without looking at who he fought and what kind of skill Pac has.

Top 5 Lefties:

1. Whitaker
              2. Hagler
              3. Saldivar
              4. Tendler
              5. Pacquiao/ Flowers

Im not sold on Pac He has to beat Mayweather. He cant side step him again. I mean Flash was a lefty. Is Pac greater then him?
              Burner lets use logic those achievements mean a lot when we are talking about all time rankings... And, you keep saying the kind of skill that Pac has... You can't accomplished what he did without having the skillset that are up to par... Pac is a skillful fighter... His skills is up to par... Skills is not all about defense and I think that is where you get stuck on. Defense is just part of a skillset... Overall Pac skillset is up to par. Like I said if not then he would not be able to accomplish what he has...

Comment

Originally posted by corpse elf View Post
                Pacquiao the greatest southpaw???????

Erik ****en Morales knows a thing or two about SWITCHING to southpaw...

thats all i need to say...
                erik got ktfo TWICE!...........

Comment

and btw..is this a joke thread...
                  try to imagine Pac fighting any of the top southpaws..really think about it..
                  Pac is a fighter..not a boxer..he doesnt have that skill..say what you will..

Comment

Originally posted by mali1976 View Post
                    and btw..is this a joke thread...
                    try to imagine Pac fighting any of the top southpaws..really think about it..
                    Pac is a fighter..not a boxer..he doesnt have that skill..say what you will..
                    is that why pac's the only 7 div champion and a 4 lineal champ.....and whos the fighter of the decade again?......lol

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      And, Burner for the record your little 100yrs theory is not the same as mind. Because there was not 130, 140, 154 a 100yrs ago... If Floyd would of went from 118, 126, 135, 147, and 160 undefeated weight-classes that you know have been around for a 100yrs then your argument holds water... 112 and 126 have been around for over 100yrs again let that sink in for a second those weight-classes have been around for over a 100yrs... And, Pac was the first to win a lineal Flyweight and a lineal feather title in over 100yrs of history again let that sink in... Because, I doubt it has yet... If didn't take skills then somebody in over a 100yrs would of done it by now... But, obvious it is not that easy... GTFOH with your hating...
                      Like I said it takes CAREFUL matchmaking. You put lineal on top to make it look better. Then you say Lineal doesnt mean **** in regards to Baldimir. I didnt say he wasnt skilled. I said hes not AS skilled or better yet HIGHLY skilled. This guy was a one hand fighter most of his career. I mean cmon bro. You sandwich him in between guys like Hags and Sweet Pea?

I mean and another thing which is it? You guys say Pac was a starving kid early in his career. So if he is starting to fill out once hes get some grub and cant make weight anymore after beating Saskul so much so to the point that he SKIPPED 2 weight classes altogether then won a featherweight belt. So its not that impressive. He should be able to win a fetherweight belt. Hes wasnt a real flyweight anymore.
                      Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 02-28-2010, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X