Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time for Wilder to find a new trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time for Wilder to find a new trainer?

Versus Szpilka and last night vs Washington he looked very basic and I don't see him improving much. I was one of the people defending his opposition a couple of years back because I felt he needed to develop a bit more but he doesn't seem (at least to me) to be developing. He falls behind or struggles and the right hand bails him out. Eventually someone will take that right hand away (assuming he steps up) and then what?

I think Breland is the perfect trainer for someone with wilder's attributes...he just lacks the talent to execute.

Comment

I think Wilder and Breland have a good relationship and Breland has improved him over his whole career. Wilder is what he is and I don't think anyone is changing that now and he was never going to be some master boxer with as raw as he was when he came in.

I don't think if I busted out my Ouija board and summoned the spirits of Manny Steward, Cus D'Mato and Angelo Dundee and fused them into one super trainer would they get that much more out of Wilder. If that superman could it would take a bunch of time and winnable fights for them to really get on the same page when Wilder already needs to step it up.

Comment

You cant teach an old dog knew tricks..

Breland should be ideal for teaching Wilder to use his left hand but alas.. he seems to employ the " I'll get out outboxed, wait for them to come to me and use my right".

That wont work with everyone. Not even naming fighters here but I'll bet my pride and joy motorcycle he doesnt go his career undefeated and he gets beaten by KO.. ( which if he demolishes the top guys like his fans say shouldnt be much of a problem? )

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Versus Szpilka and last night vs Washington he looked very basic and I don't see him improving much. I was one of the people defending his opposition a couple of years back because I felt he needed to develop a bit more but he doesn't seem (at least to me) to be developing. He falls behind or struggles and the right hand bails him out. Eventually someone will take that right hand away (assuming he steps up) and then what?
          He looked basic destroying them.

Who at heavy doesn't look basic?????

Mark Breland has worked wonders for Wilder
          He'd be stupid to leave him.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            I think Breland is the perfect trainer for someone with wilder's attributes...he just lacks the talent to execute.
            As if you do

Trolling too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              As if you do

Trolling too hard.
              Are you deontay wilder? Physical gifts and athleticism aren't the same as fundamentals and talent. Not everyone on here is a hater.

Comment

Should have done it a while back. Breland, great amateur. Trainer? I'm not sure.

Comment

Y'all don't know what to look for

Jay Deas has done a wonderful job with Wilder. He used a classic Foreman move last night and today you're asking if he needs a new trainer? Where on earth did y'all get yer understanding of boxing techniques?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Should have done it a while back. Breland, great amateur. Trainer? I'm not sure.
                    I didn't realize Wilder was already 31. I thought he was 27 or some ****. God damn time flies.

Comment

Working...
                    X