Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some boxers get away with wearing their trunks and protectors so high?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some boxers get away with wearing their trunks and protectors so high?

Yes, I'm looking at Urango and other boxers who do this cheating ****. And the ref doesn't call them on it. Urango looked like steve urkel against Devon Alexander... Damn cheaters not wanting to get hit in the body.

It's quite a common practice. See Kassim Ouma in his fight with Martirosyan. His protectors were up to his ribcage. Any body shots thrown at him were considered low blows and a point was eventually taken away from Martirosyan.

Comment

valuev has his trunks by his nipples

Comment

The refs need to learn to do their jobs correctly and pull those protectors and boxing shorts down. When you have boxing-shorts and protectors covering up someones abs its clearly cheating to me. Some fighters who have six packs you only see 2 of their abs because the other 4 abs are covered up by the shorts and protector. Its pretty damn lame in my opinion.

Comment

watch DLH vs Vargas, i bet vargas' body shots were tickling DLH all night

Comment

Blame Evander Holyfield. He started this trend in 1996 against Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Blame Evander Holyfield. He started this trend in 1996 against Tyson.
              Did he really?

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                Did he really?
                Not quite.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Not quite.

To be honest both their trunks look high to me by today's standards.

Comment

This should definitely be something enforced by local commissions and the sanctioning bodies. There's no reason for a foul protector to go above your navel.

Comment

Working...
                    X