• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kid's a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
      That's how I feel as well.
      Nery likes to get real cute and thinks that crap he calls "defense" in between his offensive mma-style bursts won't get his ass laid out.
      Also, both Cuadras and Estrada have far better skill-sets, are far more mobile along with the fact that this fight was at a much higher weight.

People put too much emphasis on who stops who faster. Like that means anything. Power isn't everything.
      There's so many intangibles to think about and analyze, that I wonder how anyone can see someone bombing out bums and think that suddenly they are world-beaters.
      Too busy seeing if opponents can handle his shots, lets see how he handles them. Yamanaka can pop a little bit.
      If you say that a guy is in a fight because he always has "a puncher's chance" than you might as well just give up because literally everyone has that.
      You are crazy.

Nery has a good defense, look the final seconds in the first round.

He has more skills and he is better than Estrada.

MMA style? HAHAHAHA poor Guy, learn about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        Mepranum vs Marquez, Estrada, & Cuadras @ 112. Mepranum vs Panterita 118! Showcase fight, but no way to get ready for a serious test.
        Mepranum vs Cuadras @ 115 pounds and last 8 rounds.

David Sánchez is a tough guy and a warrior, ... Nery destroyed him easy.

He will be champ and he has chances vs every fighter in the division, only Yamanaka is the real deal.

Comment

not bad for a guy so young,, and with plenty of time to improve and face better fighter little by little,

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            Mepranum vs Cuadras @ 115 pounds and last 8 rounds.

David Sánchez is a tough guy and a warrior, ... Nery destroyed him easy.

He will be champ and he has chances vs every fighter in the division, only Yamanaka is the real deal.
            2016-04-23 : Carlos Cuadras 113 lbs beat Richie Mepranum 112¾ lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 8 of 12.
            I've watched Nery with better competition, I wouldn't say he has talent if he didn't. I'm talking about the protection that comes with success. Panterita had to beat the devil to get attention. Now he is a money maker, he gets the build up and a soft diet, can't risk losing the title shot. No good!

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              2016-04-23 : Carlos Cuadras 113 lbs beat Richie Mepranum 112¾ lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 8 of 12.
              I've watched Nery with better competition, I wouldn't say he has talent if he didn't. I'm talking about the protection that comes with success. Panterita had to beat the devil to get attention. Now he is a money maker, he gets the build up and a soft diet, can't risk losing the title shot. No good!
              Protection? Do you know how works Zanfer Promotions? They are crazies, they don't protect his guys.

With Estrada they send Gallo to 108 pounds vs Gonzalez and then Viloria.

And now they are saying that Nery will fight in 115 because the popular names like Gallo, Gonzalez, Inoue and Cuadras.

They are talking about Nica Concepcion in January.

Trust me, this guy is better than Estrada, Nery could destroy Juan in 9 rounds.

And what about his stamina?

Threw 450 rounds in 4 rounds vs Sanchez and he looked fresh.

Threw 130 rounds in round 3.

Comment

You are crazy.

Nery has a good defense, look the final seconds in the first round.

He has more skills and he is better than Estrada.

MMA style? HAHAHAHA poor Guy, learn about boxing.
                If thats whats called good defense, than no wonder most mexican fighters rather just eat the punches.
                Nery looks more traditionally trained, but Estrada has more natural talent. He evades punches at his best when he stops throwing. Fighters with good defense can evade a shot and immediately counter, from the outside and inside. Thats not Nery.
                Estrada is far more mobile and switches very well between offense and defense. Nery does this stupid looking shoulder-roll thing in which he gets clipped quite a bit but since hes fighting pillow-fisted bums, it doesnt really matter.

Yes MMA-style, sometimes when he thinks he lands a good shot he will lunge foreard with his arms fully extended, chin up, body and head forward, ala MMA fighters, most of which end up staring at the lights for doing that repeatedly.

Comment

If thats whats called good defense, than no wonder most mexican fighters rather just eat the punches.
                  Nery looks more traditionally trained, but Estrada has more natural talent. He evades punches at his best when he stops throwing. Fighters with good defense can evade a shot and immediately counter, from the outside and inside. Thats not Nery.
                  Estrada is far more mobile and switches very well between offense and defense. Nery does this stupid looking shoulder-roll thing in which he gets clipped quite a bit but since hes fighting pillow-fisted bums, it doesnt really matter.

Yes MMA-style, sometimes when he thinks he lands a good shot he will lunge foreard with his arms fully extended, chin up, body and head forward, ala MMA fighters, most of which end up staring at the lights for doing that repeatedly.

Pillow fisted? David Sanchez is a pretty devastating puncher and Nery worked him over and ate his shots like nothing.

Nery can't counter? look up the YouTube video displaying Nery's assets in the ring. He takes a step back while his opponent shoots his shots and Nery counters effectively to the body or head. He is much more skilled than you think, that's the reason why the Mexican media is praising the kid and are holding him in such high regards.

Comment

Hahahahahaha.

Estrada received more punches vs Mepranun than Nery. Look, Estrada received more punches vs Tabugon than Nery vs Mepranum

Nery has good defense, look his footwork and reflects.

I don't know what opinion take, the Chavez opinion that say Nery is a great talented guy, or yours...

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                      Pillow fisted? David Sanchez is a pretty devastating puncher and Nery worked him over and ate his shots like nothing.

Nery can't counter? look up the YouTube video displaying Nery's assets in the ring. He takes a step back while his opponent shoots his shots and Nery counters effectively to the body or head. He is much more skilled than you think, that's the reason why the Mexican media is praising the kid and are holding him in such high regards.
                      Sanchez is not a devastating puncher, hes an accumulation puncher. Bragging about guys taking punches well is like the very thing that leads to them being stopped, that shouldnt even be something thats brought up.

Thats very basic like literally first level of countering. He doesnt use his waist at all. Id be caught dead calling him a counterpuncher. You want to see someone use literal inches of waist and foot movement to counter extremely small mistakes, watch Vic Pasillas. Thats counterpunching.

I think that has more to do with how bad mexican boxing is at the moment.
                      These guys were also pushing Berchelt, Estrella, and Sanchez. How that work out for them?

Hahahahahaha.

Estrada received more punches vs Mepranun than Nery. Look, Estrada received more punches vs Tabugon than Nery vs Mepranum

Nery has good defense, look his footwork and reflects.

I don't know what opinion take, the Chavez opinion that say Nery is a great talented guy, or yours...
                      Mepranum threw like 5 total punches in fight which lasted like 4 minutes.
                      Again, the opponent rarely lands anything in blowouts.

His footwork is decent, thats it. Reflexes aren't very fast, he looks like tries to do stuff that his body can't keep up with.

Chavez is bias, he probably thought Berchelt, Estrella and Sanchez wouldnt turn out to be bums, but here we are.
                      I called all three to lose in the exact order they ended up losing. I dont really care whose opinion you listen to, but I just dont see it. And so far, listening to myself has worked out pretty well for me. I'd rather be a person with high standards that is objective and believes a massive majority of fighters just dont have it than one with low standards whose always getting burned.

Comment

Working...
                      X