No announcement yet.

160z sparring gloves help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 160z sparring gloves help

i'm looking at getting a new pair of sparring lace up gloves, i have quite small hands so looking for a pair with a good tight fit, lightweight and good quality. ive been looking at title gel, lonsdale ultimate pro, rival pro spar. has anyone owned a pair of any of these or can you recommend any other gloves. cheers

Originally posted by speedbeatzpower View Post
    i'm looking at getting a new pair of sparring lace up gloves, i have quite small hands so looking for a pair with a good tight fit, lightweight and good quality. ive been looking at title gel, lonsdale ultimate pro, rival pro spar. has anyone owned a pair of any of these or can you recommend any other gloves. cheers
    go with Reyes.......Rockin'

Comment

What's your price range?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        go with Reyes.......Rockin'
        parring is supposed to be about getting better and putting in work, not hurting the other person. Reyes, even though they may be 16's are lightly padded in the knuckle area.

Comment

Price range is up to £100

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            parring is supposed to be about getting better and putting in work, not hurting the other person. Reyes, even though they may be 16's are lightly padded in the knuckle area.

Reyes generaly fit smaller which would work well with the thread starters small hands. We used the mexican style ringside gloves at Galaxy for sparring. They will make you sharp, for the exact reason that you stated, you don't want to get hit by them.........Rockin'

Comment

Price range is up to £100
              Like Rockin' just stated in the last post, Ringside's gloves run a bit snug for smaller hands. I have three different pairs, the Traditional Sparring glove in 16 oz. [recommend], IMF Tech's in 16 oz. [highly recommended], and the Gym Sparring glove in 14 oz. [which I don't recommend, although it runs small]. I have big hands and use Winning knuckle guards under my wraps but even without them, the hand is small for me.

I have the Title Classic training glove in 18 oz. and those are alright but they're the reason I needed to get Winning knuckle guards.

Since you have a great budget, look into Reyes, maybe Grant [you'd have to email him for a quote] if he's in that range. I'd say winning but they're more than what you want to shell out. But definitely look into Ringside gloves. I've also heard good things about Rival gloves so you may want to look into those as well.

Comment

I use the 16oz Rival hybrid lace+hook and loop sparring glove. It's a great pair of gloves that offers comfort and good protection...but they are kind of heavy and larger than other gloves I've tried.

I would suggest going with Grant gloves. I have a pair of Grant bag gloves, and they are really tight and snug on the hands. They also offer good protection as well. Kind of pricey but worth it.

Comment

Definitely don't go with Reyes. They are great pro fight gloves, great training gloves but not good for sparring.

If you want bang for your buck, I think the Ringside IMF gloves are excellent. We use them at our gym and they provide great protection, padding and fit really well even for smaller hands. Plus they aren't going to kill your wallet.

Comment

Don't care for 16oz unless for heavyweights, go with Reyes they have the form & fit you need! I prefer 14oz spar gloves for 147 on down.
                    Remember if someone has a good punch its only inhanced by putting "more" weight in their hands! Everyone thinks its "safer" HA!!! Big Brink. Little Brink?

Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X