Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True Detective returns tonight who’s watching!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
    First episode was ok but I think you're gonna be disappointed lol

I started watching the second episode and that shlt was a snoozefest. I couldnt even finish it.

The indian garbage collecter was interesting though.. thats the only highlight of the show so far. The indian garbage collector is a more interesting character and a better actor than the main actor.

The main thought I'm thinking as i watch this show is " wow everybody is a better actor than the main character"
    LOL. Yeah, this was really hyped up because of the main actor but outside of House of Cards, I haven't seen him on anything and even in that, I didn't see anything special. The first season showed off Mcconnaughey's true acting chops though and he definitely proved himself. As long as this season is better than two, I'm good. They'll never top the first.

Comment

I'm not into it so far. They keep rehashing the same topics. The ''drama'' is absent. There is no chemistry between any of the characters.

Comment

Just knocked out the first episode, looks like it's in the spirit of the first season which is a formula for success

Comment

Solid episode but they haven’t build the suspense on who are the suspects

Comment

8=====3

?

Comment

I didn't stick with this, did it get better?

Comment

Just finished episode 3 now on 4.

I'm hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  I didn't stick with this, did it get better?
                  Yup gets better! If you enjoyed season 1 you might wanna continue watching. I am trying to be as vague as I can be without giving spoilers

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    Just knocked out the first episode, looks like it's in the spirit of the first season which is a formula for success
                    Definitely in the spirit of the first season from what’s been revealed in the last episode

Comment

Got up to about halfway on the first episode. It's alright, like an opening feeling out round.

Most compelling character to me so far is Stephen Dorff's

Mahershala Ali is an extremely 1-dimensional actor lol, he has almost no range. He's basically the same exact person in every role he plays. You can see him struggling to bring up differentiations between his roles, but it's too forced, and he's still the same person.
                      Is it just me or is mahershala ali terrible in this lol

He doesn't feel like a real person. He doesn't feel like a real character.

He looks like a person who's obviously acting. Does anyone know what I mean? It takes me out of the immersion.

I've been following this guy ever since I seen luke cage, I was a fan at the beginning, and I've seen all his work, but the more I saw of him the more I noticed no matter who he plays, he acts exactly the same way.

Matthew Mcconoughey and Woody harrelson were spectacular in the first season because of how deep their characters drew you in. You felt like you were seeing inside their souls. Mahershala ali's acting is just so damn shallow to me. He has no range, he has no depth.
                      LOL.

The guy is pretty wooden. He's not bad at the senile bit but yeah. Basically same expression every scene. Haha. Dorff has been pretty good. I give it a C so far. Season one was A ++. I hear McConoughey and Woody are going to make a cameo. I haven't seen episode seven though. Gonna check it out tom night though...

Comment

Working...
                      X