No announcement yet.

President to Declare National Emergency for Border Wall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by todisday View Post
    Well, look, Puerto Rico's screwed, but there was no future there anyway. It's not like the funds were going to be used to actually help the island. Just like Whitefish, Trump's administration would've stolen the money and spent it on themselves.

Let's look on the bright side: If this executive action passes, then that means future presidents will be able to address both climate change and gun control without needing approval from Congress. Climate change and guns are two real national emergencies (worldwide, really) that need immediate correction. This may end up being a good thing, in those cases. The fear is, though, that it could also end up being abused, as it is today. It's too much unchecked power.
    imo puerto ricans on the island need to help themselves.... that government over there has no clue what to do with what....

very 1st error they did was get rid of the contract they had with the USAF........ it was literally almost 50% of PRs economy etc

than they started to implement "taxes" out of nowhere and companies etc started to close down cuz there was absolutely ZERO tax breaks for corporations etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Only problem with declaring a National Emergency is it opens up opportunities for radical left President to do it 1 day.

Oh well, im glad the Govt. isnt shutdown.
      It's been done 58 times in 43 years...Obama did it 10 times.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list...ry?id=60294693

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          when did that happen? link please

hhmmmm

im smelling a dirty alt.................
          I already asked, and of course he had no links.

I failed to notice his start date. I'll keep my eye on him too in case we got yet another alt in here.

I simply put alts on Ignore until you Mods zap them.

Comment

but you cared enough to post doe
            Didn't take much effort

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
              It's been done 58 times in 43 years...Obama did it 10 times.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list...ry?id=60294693
              Has it ever been done in a situation where the President admits it's not a national emergency?

So Trump admits his campaign promise is not a national emergency but he declares it a national emergency anyway. Are you not bothered by this?

Comment

imo puerto ricans on the island need to help themselves.... that government over there has no clue what to do with what....

very 1st error they did was get rid of the contract they had with the USAF........ it was literally almost 50% of PRs economy etc

than they started to implement "taxes" out of nowhere and companies etc started to close down cuz there was absolutely ZERO tax breaks for corporations etc

By this point, I don't think there's anything that can be done. Depressing stuff. There's lots of things that went into PR's current situation, including how they were used as a tax haven and then left to fend for themselves once NAFTA came around, vulture loans, and so forth, but it seems like it's over, man.

And, yeah, any time money comes around, like with Whitefish, it ends up in the wrong hands. It's just not going to improve. Most people fled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Has it ever been done in a situation where the President admits it's not a national emergency?

So Trump admits his campaign promise is not a national emergency but he declares it a national emergency anyway. Are you not bothered by this?

To answer your question: historically...

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/0...clare-victory/

There are currently 31 active National Emergencies, and 58 national emergencies have been declared since the National Emergencies Act of 1976 was signed into law by President Gerald Ford.

Most of the National Emergencies don’t sound like “national emergencies” in any real sense (see links above). They sound more like serious situations where the president uses the powers given him by statute and the Constitution to address national security problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

You're repeating yourself like a broken record again.

Check your NPC programming.

Face it; Trump has the power, actually the duty according to the Constitution, to defend the nation. This obviously falls under that part of our Constitution.

As I said last time you posted this tripe, you need to read the Constitution and lay off those superfan sites.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
                      To answer your question: historically...

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/0...clare-victory/

There are currently 31 active National Emergencies, and 58 national emergencies have been declared since the National Emergencies Act of 1976 was signed into law by President Gerald Ford.

Most of the National Emergencies don’t sound like “national emergencies” in any real sense (see links above). They sound more like serious situations where the president uses the powers given him by statute and the Constitution to address national security problems.
                      That's not what I asked you. Has a President ever declared a national emergency and admitted it wasn't an emergency?

And I don't play that "well Obama did it" game because if it were wrong for him then it's wrong for Trump. And that should piss ya'll Trumpanzees off even more that he's doing the same things Obama did. The **** ya'll got pissed about, he's doing the same ****. Even worse in most cases.

Comment

Working...
                      X