Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Ward-Golovkin, Joshua-VADA, Gervonta Davis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kushking View Post
    ggg was NEVER 170 in the ring for any fight,he weighed 169.7 the morning of the jacobs fight which was only because he was required to be under 170 for 1st time,ggg fans choose to act as if he didn't rehydrate afterwards(which is rediculous) & as if its in any way shape or form a benefit for a fighter to rehydrate an extreme amount as theyve claimed Jacobs did despite him looking no more than 180 vs ggg,he even said he weighed 178(which makes perfect sense to how he looked & fought),its ludicrous to think ggg weighed the absolute limit the morning of the jacobs fight yet somehow didn't rehydrate at least 5 lbs against a guy him/his fans still cry weight bullied him. As i've said for yrs we need to make a ggg rule in boxing where a fighter can only rehydrate to what ggg does,as according to his stans its ok to rehydrate 15 lbs like ggg,yet its weight cheating if his opponent out rehydrates him

A fighters height & reach are directly attributable to their true weight class,regardless if them/stans pick & choose who to apply it to. ggg is 5'11" & far taller than tiny 5'7" Canelo & has never even in the olympics gone below 160 yet we're supposed to believe Canelos the weight bully.lmfao
    HBO has shown G's fight night weights for multiple fights, all minus one ranging from 170-172. You can believe what you want, at least he's open to showing what he weighs. If you choose to believe then fine, if not, then you have to put into question everyone they weigh. And I didn't know height and reach were variables to say who should be in what weight class. Surprised I never heard anyone say this fighter belongs in this height class or this reach class. It's weight for a reason.
    Last edited by AKAcronym; 02-09-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      HBO has shown G's fight night weights for multiple fights, all minus one ranging from 170-172. You can believe what you want, at least he's open to showing what he weighs. If you choose to believe then fine, if not, then you have to put into question everyone they weigh. And I didn't know height and reach were variables to say who should be in what weight class. Surprised I never heard anyone say this fighter belongs in this height class or this reach class. It's weight for a reason.
      It was never reported what ggg weighed vs Jacobs,only what he weighed in the morning of weigh in where he was required by IBF to be below 170. (Show me 1 credible source that says otherwise),& ggg choosing to intentionally not rehydrate as much as his opponents in prior fights means nothing.

Lastly its as bread says,most posters know jack sht about boxing,otherwise they wouldn't make these arguments demonstrating your CLEAR bias/lack of knowledge. Anyone whos ever fought at any level in boxing knows its a fighters height thats the #1 factor in true weight class,#2 is reach/wingspan, then everything else. Its also simple physics that the taller longer you are the higher your natural weight thats what bmi is based on ffs

Anyone who acts like it is in any way shape or form possible for Canelo to weight bully ggg has never boxed before(or just biased) its like when posters say lomas not at LEAST a natural 130 lber if not 135,nonsense..
      Last edited by kushking; 02-09-2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
        It was never reported what ggg weighed vs Jacobs,only what he weighed in the morning of weigh in where he was required by IBF to be below 170. (Show me 1 credible source that says otherwise),& ggg choosing to intentionally not rehydrate as much as his opponents in prior fights means nothing.

Lastly its as bread says,most posters know jack sht about boxing,otherwise they wouldn't make these arguments demonstrating your CLEAR bias/lack of knowledge. Anyone whos ever fought at any level in boxing knows its a fighters height thats the #1 factor in true weight class,#2 is reach/wingspan, then everything else. Its also simple physics that the taller longer you are the higher your natural weight thats what bmi is based on ffs

Anyone who acts like it is in any way shape or form possible for Canelo to weight bully ggg has never boxed before. its like when posters say lomas not at LEAST a natural 130 lber if not 135,nonsense..
        Nowhere did I say Canelo weight bullied G so nice try with that. In the Golovkin/Jacobs telecast they showed 170 for G and ??? for Danny. You can assume that G gained more and that's fine but it's the same weight he's rehydrated too for several fights so it's not crazy to think he'd be the same. I don't think you should be one talking about simple physics. You've been proven wrong on many occasions over the years/months. Don't act like you're some know all.

Comment

Real he deserves a live gig if he can handle it his insight of the sport is the shyt!

Comment

If G was 170 against Jacobs, it wouldn't make sense for him to suddenly balloon that much. Granted, we would have to believe HBOs numbers but at least we have some with him. But I do agree with you that a move up is better at this point. He hasn't looked the same since the Wade fight and it's only gotten worse.
            The Jacobs fight was a mess between Lou and Loeffler, including their splits which is why their fight was delayed to begin with it, and GGG was in a bad spot because the 10lb morning after limit is a completely different challenge when comparing an opponent like Wade vs Jacobs. Wade was no threat with GGG’s IBF protocol. Since Lemieux, GGG has gotten worse because of the IBF limitation, and again, those things aren’t the biggest hurdles if you’re not fighting elite level competition, so GGG’s team could sacrifice. It was Jacobs, who was not obligated to fight for the IBF. It was a WBA mandate, and we can’t blame Jacobs since the IBF defense is on GGG’s team, and it would look shady on Loeffler’s team had Gennady decided not to defend the IBF, all while DeBella and is contacts would make sure, as we saw with the Devrenchenko fight, that he would cause problems.

And at least you agree unlike many others, that GGG is long overdue at 168. Now is his time in the next 4 years to fight there, become a champ, and make the best out of it. For the GGG fans that think Gennady should fight at 160 DKSAB and are doing their hero a disservice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
              Amen brother... the same guys are always insulting guys with words that only a gay man would be comfortable envisioning. We are visual thinkers so if you are constantly accusing another man of pronounced gay acts it’s because you are comfortable thinking about those same gay acts. These dudes are in the closet and that’s why they are so insecure.

Exactly I couldn’t agree more!

Comment

Nowhere did I say Canelo weight bullied G so nice try with that. In the Golovkin/Jacobs telecast they showed 170 for G and ??? for Danny. You can assume that G gained more and that's fine but it's the same weight he's rehydrated too for several fights so it's not crazy to think he'd be the same. I don't think you should be one talking about simple physics. You've been proven wrong on many occasions over the years/months. Don't act like you're some know all.
                Nobodies acting like some know it all,and show me where someone on here proved me wrong.(not saying im infallible but most the time im arguing with posters about their clear biases they're applying to certain fighters while applying different criteria to others)

I genuinely didn't mean to offend you but I've been trying to show many loma fans the same lil known truths. I have noticed weight/natural weight/weight bullying are among the biggest fallacies I see on here,& I have been trying ever since to explain to posters why I feel that weight is among the least understood facets of boxing among die hard fans. I am not saying you never boxed,I am just saying you obviously have some biases that reinforced these fallacies being spread by other posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                  The Jacobs fight was a mess between Lou and Loeffler, including their splits which is why their fight was delayed to begin with it, and GGG was in a bad spot because the 10lb morning after limit is a completely different challenge when comparing an opponent like Wade vs Jacobs. Wade was no threat with GGG’s IBF protocol. Since Lemieux, GGG has gotten worse because of the IBF limitation, and again, those things aren’t the biggest hurdles if you’re not fighting elite level competition, so GGG’s team could sacrifice. It was Jacobs, who was not obligated to fight for the IBF. It was a WBA mandate, and we can’t blame Jacobs since the IBF defense is on GGG’s team, and it would look shady on Loeffler’s team had Gennady decided not to defend the IBF, all while DeBella and is contacts would make sure, as we saw with the Devrenchenko fight, that he would cause problems.

And at least you agree unlike many others, that GGG is long overdue at 168. Now is his time in the next 4 years to fight there, become a champ, and make the best out of it. For the GGG fans that think Gennady should fight at 160 DKSAB and are doing their hero a disservice.
                  It's probably what is taking him so long to decide. It's been a bad combo of aging, cutting more weight due to fighting less frequently and limiting his rehydration. Sucks all of it started happening at a higher level but it is what it is. He's doesn't move and punch like he used to. I am curious to see how he would look at 168. Now with him taking the reigns, it might be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    There are only 2 fights (possibly 3) for Tank at 130 that interest me: Tevin Farmer and GRJ! I will be watching that Nunez vs. Cherry fight closely too. It's on the Lara vs. Castano undercard. Maybe one of them do enough to be a viable opponent for Tank @ 130. Tank and Devin Haney are on a collision course @ 135! Just a matter of time! Unfortunately for Tank and Devin, is 135 is thin at PBC. 140 is where all the best options are at!
                    Berchelt and Machado would be good fights for Tank Davis at 130.

As would Leo Santa Cruz if he moves up.

Comment

It's probably what is taking him so long to decide. It's been a bad combo of aging, cutting more weight due to fighting less frequently and limiting his rehydration. Sucks all of it started happening at a higher level but it is what it is. He's doesn't move and punch like he used to. I am curious to see how he would look at 168. Now with him taking the reigns, it might be better.
                      I think ggg would be better at smw because he would be considered fast for the weight & I don't see him getting kod by anyone except maybe 6'3" callum Smith. Abel Sanchez should know that his biggest weakness at 160 is speed of guys like Canelo,but if he moves up he will become the fast guy with good power & he has better skillset than most of the 168 fighters who themselves are draining down.

Comment

Working...
                      X