No announcement yet.

Was Floyd correct?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    He boxed off the backfoot 3 days ago, an adjustment he made in the ring. You whined about it already, after spending the past year talking about how he's a basic caveman who can only go forward.

Boxing fans are some of the dumbest mofos you'll ever meet in life. Just enjoy a good fight between two high class fighters instead of whining like a little btch about it.
    That wasn't an adjustment according to Abel. That was something Canelo forced him to do

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      He is very basic, a good fighter but I never see any adjustments in him, he is use to steam rolling people and when that does not work there is no plan B at all
      I wonwould say whenhe can't steamroll people his plan B is basic boxing. We really saw it in the Jacobs fight when Jacobs was the bigger man.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        What about the right hands and left hooks? He landed lots of those, one right esspecially that had canelo looking into space like his spirit was entering sleep land.
        does this look like Canelo was looking into space? This is the one you're talking about

Comment

yup he became 1 dimensional no longer a killer the moment he stepped up and stopped fighting bums and tomato cans. The only 2 decent fighters he faced are all fights you can make a case he didn't win and sure wasn't a killer in any of them. Also from Canelo 1 to Canelo 2 he made NO adjustments still can't land anything but a jab while Canelo proved he can land whatever he wants on GGG on the back foot or the front foot not to mention phuked up his face and did it Mexican Style as the SMALLER MAN. lol Proves the way folks talked about him for years was nothing but smoke and mirrors against woeful competition. Floyd was one of the first to say it!

Comment

I think people misinterpret that line as some kind of diss, What Floyd clearly meant had nothing to do with Golovkin's status as a top MW but was more about his style and abilities. There's little to no deception there. Straight up n down, textbook fighter, good at everything with power that takes him over the edge. Which is exactly what Golovkin is. No special effects there. He took what he did and made it to the elite level which is amazing. But for a virtuoso like Floyd, he can examine the guy and say something like that, because to him, there's nothing that really stood out about him besides his power.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
              Yeah

Then again, he said Kovalev beat Ward first time around, but i bet some Ward fans don't take that as gospel like they do when he talked about GGG...
              I'm more of a fan of Ward the person than Ward the boxer and I'm not really a Kovalev fan. Bur Kovalev did beat Ward that fight. The fight was closer than Kovalev fans want to admit but anybody saying that was a clear Ward win is delusional.

Comment

He's right, and that should've been obvious to anyone who knows anything about the sport. Doesn't stop him from being a very good fighter. He's just not the "god" some were trying to make him out to be.

Comment

Floyd is a boxing PROPHET.

He foresaw Arum being a snake, left him.

He foresaw crazy drug use in boxing, implemented more drug testing.

He foresaw HBO going down the drain, left them.

He foresaw GGG being a straight up and down bum, GGG gets outboxed by a smaller fighter.

Unbelievable..

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    He is very basic, a good fighter but I never see any adjustments in him, he is use to steam rolling people and when that does not work there is no plan B at all
                    That’s what I said before the rematch. I knew Canelo would make an adjustment before, and during the fight if necessary. My biggest concern with GGG was the fact that him and his team were, at best, seemingly unwilling to make an adjustment. I’m not sure they would have been able to anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                      I think people misinterpret that line as some kind of diss, What Floyd clearly meant had nothing to do with Golovkin's status as a top MW but was more about his style and abilities. There's little to no deception there. Straight up n down, textbook fighter, good at everything with power that takes him over the edge. Which is exactly what Golovkin is. No special effects there. He took what he did and made it to the elite level which is amazing. But for a virtuoso like Floyd, he can examine the guy and say something like that, because to him, there's nothing that really stood out about him besides his power.
                      Great explanation. That's the way I've always taken it. But Floyd did kinda say it as a diss. Because to Floyd if you don't have special effects to your game you are't a top level boxer. A good boxer but he was saying he's not as great as people are making him seem

Comment

Working...
                      X