Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Samuel Vargas Beat Porter and Garcia Right Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    He took a breather after 6 but he got a second win and finished strong. Remember this is a Vargas who had a full 10 week camp to prepare. Proper notice. Against Garcia he only had 5 weeks notice and against Spence only 3. This was a properly prepared Vargas which would probably give Garcia and Spence much more competitive fight in the rematches, given adequate preparation time, and Porter a decent fight too. Khan still dominated him for most of the fight.
    I take that all into consideration, but Khan just looked in **** condition. Look at the weigh in. Look at his chest, the shoulders, the abs now compare him to when he fought Devon.

Pictures do not lie, Khan looked real bad on the scales and had to get naked to make 147. He is carrying fat and lacks muscle mass.
    Last edited by FrankieBruno; 09-09-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      I take that all into consideration, but Khan just looked in **** condition. Look at the weigh in. Look at his chest, the shoulders, the abs now compare him to when he fought Devon.

Pictures do not lie, Khan looked real bad on the scales and had to get naked to make 147. He is carrying fat and lacks muscle mass.
      Agreed, the physique has looked better in the past, the thought crossed my mind at the weigh-in too. He looked in better shape even in the La Greco fight. It might be that he slacked on the diet this time, taking Vargas a bit lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        Despite one flash knockdown, Vargas was mostly dominated by Khan for the majority of rounds in what was a relatively easy win for Khan all-in-all. The round he knocked Khan down was his best round in the fight but he didn't win that round since Khan knocked him down in the same round too. After that, Khan mainly dominated him thoroughly for the rest of the night.

But Vargas has improved somewhat since his previous performances so how would this current version of Vargas fair against Porter and Garcia. Does he have a legitimate shot at beating them both right now?
        You English Khan fans are unbelievable. Garcia and Spence both knocked out Vargas. Vargas was a Khan cherry pick who Khan was supposed to KO in a round or two. He was so bad that Khan was a 30 to 1 betting favorite. Khan would be a big betting underdog if he fought Garcia or Porter. Khan might have been knocked out if the bell had not saved him. Vargas is ranked 69th by boxrec while Garcia is ranked 6th in the world and Porter is ranked 4th in the world so clearly they think Porter and Garcia would beat Vargas. Boxrec ranks Khan 11th in the world which is about where he belongs. You are just bigging up Vargas to big up your hero Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post

I thought Khan looked soft at the weigh in but against Devon he looked great like a boxer ready for battle. If he can't get himself in better shape than that his desire is gone and he will go nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I thought Khan looked soft at the weigh in but against Devon he looked great like a boxer ready for battle. If he can't get himself in better shape than that his desire is gone and he will go nowhere.
            I doubt Khan will ever look in that shape again.

Khan went on a Reality Tv Show, where contestants are forced to starve themselves, he lost all of his muscle mass. Once he came out of the Jungle he started fasting for Ramadan.

His Yo Yo dieting has ruined his body. Now he is fat/fleshy 147 boxer, whereas before he was 147 of pure lean muscle, which in turn made him explosive.

Khans biggest mistake taking way too much time off between fights and moving up to fight Canelo. After he fought Devon he should have continued fighting, to me he was still in his prime and looked in super great condition.

Khan is now simply looking for shortcuts and he may actually get a Pac fight, but he is going to get KO'd. Pac still looks in great condition.

His best bet is to get back with Hunter and get a better conditioning coach, he is going to get seriously hurt with Goosen, who is simply feeding Khans ego for a pay check.

I encourage Khan to retire, Pac man is not Vargas.
            Last edited by FrankieBruno; 09-09-2018, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              You English Khan fans are unbelievable. Garcia and Spence both knocked out Vargas. Vargas was a Khan cherry pick who Khan was supposed to KO in a round or two. He was so bad that Khan was a 30 to 1 betting favorite. Khan would be a big betting underdog if he fought Garcia or Porter. Khan might have been knocked out if the bell had not saved him. Vargas is ranked 69th by boxrec while Garcia is ranked 6th in the world and Porter is ranked 4th in the world so clearly they think Porter and Garcia would beat Vargas. Boxrec ranks Khan 11th in the world which is about where he belongs. You are just bigging up Vargas to big up your hero Khan.
              Vargas only had a few weeks notice for both Garcia and Spence fights, he wasn't in proper fighting shape. This time for the Khan fight he said himself that he's in the best shape of his life because he had a proper camp. It can make a huge difference if a boxer has adequate notice to prepare. How do you think Vargas does against Garcia, Porter and Spence if he had a full 10 week camp like for the Khan fight? In essence he would be an all round stronger, fitter, faster fighter with proper prep time so it's fair to say that he could be a lot more competitive and probably go the distance with them in the same way he did against Khan. And on the flip side of that.. Khan probably stops the version of Vargas that fought Garcia and Spence. .

Comment

Khan hasn't improved since his debut. Time for him to cash out before he ends up seriously hurt.

Comment

Comment

Reads another stupid Khan thread, see's the author is Flatline

Comment

Obviously no. He was better than I thought he'd be after seeing his record, but at the end of the day he still got dominated on the scorecards by an Amir Khan who wasn't exactly at his best. He wouldn't offer anything other than token resistance to the division's real elite.

Comment

Working...
                      X