Collapse
No announcement yet.

hatton vs calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked hatton if i wanted to watch some in fighting... liked calzaghe if i wanted to watch a top level guy miss a whole bunch against someone everyone thought was overratted..

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Joe, by far. I didn't like Hatton's wrestling mauling, illegal holding and hitting style that English referees let him use. Joe won fights with hand speed, good boxing and a high punch output per round.

Early Hatton didn't fight like that. He was English Gatti.

https://www.youtube.com/CUWWEhXQkLo

Comment

Joe, as he was more consistent. Hatton was temperamental, I think

Comment

Joe Calzaghe for sure. Both could be fun but Joe was always more fun to watch for me.

Comment

I loved the way Calzaghe buzzed around guys just punching non-stop, like an annoying fly! It was amusing because you often seen the other guy get frustrated, and I enjoy the boxers that move around more than the power punchers and brawlers like Hatton.

Subjective- Calzaghe.

Comment

I loved when Hatton threw combinations inside and pivoted his body to the side to land body punches. But the guy held so ****ing much later in his career that his fights would become unbearable to watch. Eventhough Calzaghe slapped he still had flair and athleticism that was a joy to watch in every fight except the infamous Hopkins one. So I choose him.

Comment

Hatton was better to watch as he was going through the levels, up to fringe/gatekeeper level. After that the punch power, skill level and durability of opponents stepped up and he was not able to do the same things consistently. There was not the same creativity and variety in his attacking work because he was not allowed to do it. To a lesser extent, is what is happening to GGG now, although GGG is a far superior fighter to Hatton.

Calzaghe if anything, started to shine even more once he stepped up in level. There were some bad fights with him too, but some great ones also, Kessler was a skilled chess match, which was high contact, my fav type of fight. Calzaghe elevated after 6 rounds and Kessler couldn't stay with him.

Overall I would say Joe.

Comment

Working...
                X