Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Times you wish you had cheered for the other guy in hindsight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times you wish you had cheered for the other guy in hindsight?

I first started watching boxing closely around the Pacquaio/Marquez III fight and was cheering for Pacquiao.

In the fourth fight I was a bit more neutral but still sort of for Pacquiao. Looking back I wish I had cheered for Marquez in those fights because I have come to dislike Manny Pacquiao as I've seen more and more of him outside of the ring.

Almost the opposite for me. I really dislike Marquez now.

Margarito (Marga-Cheato) was one of my favorites, always watched and rooted for him. By the time he fought Pac, I was cheering his destruction.

Comment

I like both fighters and enjoyed their fights with each other. Pacquiao has said some outrageous stuff outside of the ring because of his sometimes extreme religious beliefs. Still I think he is a good person and I have no regrets rooting for him. I can't think of a fight in which I would now root for the other guy. Canelo was a favorite of mine but he isn't anymore. He really needs to enroll in Vada to prove he is a clean fighter. All other middleweight champions and contenders are Vada enrolled. If he enrolls with Vada I will continue to root for him against everybody but GGG. I'll root for GGG in a rematch just as I rooted for him in the first fight.

Comment

cheering on canelo against floyd.

Comment

Canelo against GGG

Rigo against Loma

Comment

AJ against Wlad when those comments from AJ about being the superior race came out.

Comment

The early days of Broner when he was still exciting and somewhat entertaining. Started to loathe him more and more with each fight and the crap that came out of his mouth

Comment

Nah. Boxing the only sport i watch and its because its all on the individual to have great camp and do his absolute best for himself. So im more of a 'may thebest fighter win' guy. I do have some,favorites that bum me,out a bit when they lose. Although it all entertainment purposes only

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  cheering on canelo against floyd.
                  Same

Comment

Margarito vs Cotto definitely.

Comment

Working...
                    X