Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the average checking/saving account balance of Americans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the average checking/saving account balance of Americans?

Thoughts?...

Comment

I've heard a scary number of people in America would be in trouble if an unexpected $400 expense came up. That's a disgrace for a country like America.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        I've heard a scary number of people in America would be in trouble if an unexpected $400 expense came up. That's a disgrace for a country like America.
        Interest rates don't encourage people to save. If a $400 expense came up they'd charge it to a credit card

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Interest rates don't encourage people to save. If a $400 expense came up they'd charge it to a credit card
          Word. I only see 0.01 or 0.02 added each month.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Thoughts?...
            Anyone that have a big checking/saving account is a idiot for not investing. A better question will be what is the average total investment+checking+savings of Americans or what is the average income of Americans. The answer will be very low for both.

But if you have 500 grand, realistically 400 grand of that should be in tied up in investments of some sort(Real estate/stocks/funds etc etc)

Comment

Muhfuccas need Dave Ramsey in their life.

Comment

I have two checking accounts and average around 4-8k for both

Comment

Around 60% of Americans have less than $1,000 in traditional savings.

Not sure if you can blame that on "the system". It's not like they're homeless or in insurmountable debt. They're getting by but they have no emergency savings... IE they have no self-control and spend money as soon as they have access to it.

Guess we need to rewire the human brain.
                  Last edited by ////; 05-21-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Last edited by ////; 05-21-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X