Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin's Promoter on The Canelo Rematch Clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin's Promoter on The Canelo Rematch Clause

So will there be a rematch between Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) and Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs) after their highly disputed draw this past weekend at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas? While there was a rematch clause in place, it was held by Alvarez and Golden Boy in the event of a Golovkin victory.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Come on Tom, force them to take the rematch next!

Comment

GGG options
      Rematch Canelo
      Rematch Jacobs
      Unify with Sounders
      Mandatory Charlo
      Fight Cotto

Mtfker got options now.

Comment

It's better if they each fight someone else. An immediate rematch isn't enticing imo

Comment

Oddly enough, I'm not interested in the Canelo rematch. Jacobs or Charlo would be more interesting for me. He could also beat up Saunders so I don't have to hear from him anymore. I wouldn't complain either way.

Comment

December is too early for the non-stamina Canelo. May, different story. GGG should offer the rematch clause next or move on to Saunders in December.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
              GGG options
              Rematch Canelo
              Rematch Jacobs
              Unify with Sounders
              Mandatory Charlo
              Fight Cotto

Mtfker got options now.
              Amazing how your options increase when you've been showing the signs of decline. Golovkin better cash-in, because the curtain is coming down. He's not going to be favored to dominate those opponents like he would have been in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                GGG options
                Rematch Canelo
                Rematch Jacobs
                Unify with Sounders
                Mandatory Charlo
                Fight Cotto

Mtfker got options now.
                Don't be foolish, none of those other options are lucrative. Cotto perhaps, but thats a cherry pick, a BS fight. GGG has NO options to make money outside of Canelo. Canelo meanwhile? He has a laundry list of options, and only ONE of them is GGG

Comment

Tom claims that the rematch will be bigger due to the controversy of the first fight. I'm not sure I agree with that statement.

Wasn't the case with Pac-Bradley or Ward-Kovalev.

Have there been any examples where a rematch due to controversy was more lucrative than the first fight?

Comment

GGG should fight Cotto next...Saunders vs Canelo. Winners fight each other for unification.

Comment

Working...
                    X