No announcement yet.

Let's RECAP ALVAREZ at 160 - Weight Acclimated - He's Really Good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's RECAP ALVAREZ at 160 - Weight Acclimated - He's Really Good

Canelo Alvarez is a really good boxer imo. I like his style because its good to see some contrast coming from the Mexican block, and the dude always comes off humble. Even the Floyd fight, he was well composed, but not experienced enough to get handle the Midwest treatment. Even Stiverne's first loss, a bad stoppage though, he was getting numbered by the Midwest style!

Been reading all week about Joshua needing or should lose weight come the Wilder bout...

I think many of us forgot Nelo's performance at 160 against Golovkin.

I GGG couldn't hurt Alvarez, who at 160 now has a better chance of hurting Nelo? Opposition also has to worry about Nelo's return firepower.

How will BooBoo, Jacobs, Charlo adjust to Alvarez's power at 160? Jermall is the only one who hasn't been dropped. But now we're talking 160.

Many are predicting Alvarez to beat Golovkin like a Kova Ward 2 scenario.

If Alvarez could go 12 with Lil'G, who's next?

Lara vs Alvarez 2 Is The Next Big Superfight at 160 imo. I don't see any Charlo beating those 2

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
    Canelo Alvarez is a really good boxer imo. I like his style because its good to see some contrast coming from the Mexican block, and the dude always comes off humble. Even the Floyd fight, he was well composed, but not experienced enough to get handle the Midwest treatment. Even Stiverne's first loss, a bad stoppage though, he was getting numbered by the Midwest style!

Been reading all week about Joshua needing or should lose weight come the Wilder bout...

I think many of us forgot Nelo's performance at 160 against Golovkin.

I GGG couldn't hurt Alvarez, who at 160 now has a better chance of hurting Nelo? Opposition also has to worry about Nelo's return firepower.

How will BooBoo, Jacobs, Charlo adjust to Alvarez's power at 160? Jermall is the only one who hasn't been dropped. But now we're talking 160.

Many are predicting Alvarez to beat Golovkin like a Kova Ward 2 scenario.

If Alvarez could go 12 with Lil'G, who's next?

Lara vs Alvarez 2 Is The Next Big Superfight at 160 imo. I don't see any Charlo beating those 2
    You mean Tony Weeks is going to be the ref?

Shit .. Abel will go nuts when he hears about this!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      You mean Tony Weeks is going to be the ref?

Shit .. Abel will go nuts when he hears about this!
      Tony Weeks has only refed one title fight in his life!

Comment

Tony Weeks has only refed one title fight in his life!
        Eh? Weeks has refed plenty of title fights. Two I watched him ref recently were Parker vs Ruiz Jr and Cleverly vs Badou Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Eh? Weeks has refed plenty of title fights. Two I watched him ref recently were Parker vs Ruiz Jr and Cleverly vs Badou Jack.
          Exactly...and did they end like Kova Ward 2?

Comment

Exactly...and did they end like Kova Ward 2?
            No, because nobody in those fights was a hypocrital, calculating cheater with a gangster for a manager and a millionaire promoter who was willing to pay whatever it took to buy the result he wanted.

I was joking when I mentioned Weeks, of course. I've given Canelo a lot of stick at this forum, but he is basically an honourable fighter who would never stoop to blatent cheating to win, unlike Andre Ward.
            Last edited by kafkod; 11-07-2017, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X