No announcement yet.

What is sparring in boxing or mma?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is sparring in boxing or mma?

hi can anyone tell me what sparring in boxing or mma??

Its called sparring what do you think it should be called

Comment

Sparring is an opportunity to practice the techniques your learning in an actual contact situation.
      Ray

Comment

Originally posted by elina jhon View Post
        hi can anyone tell me what sparring in boxing or mma??
        Sparring is a form of training common to many combat sports. Although the precise form varies, it is essentially relatively 'free-form' fighting, with enough rules, customs, or agreements to make injuries unlikely.

Wikipedia

Comment

I like watching Rigondeaux's sparring and I'm gonna try following his style and footwork later.

Unlike Guillermo, i use orthodox. Will it be hard for me or will it be a disadvantage? Is it more effective to follow another orthodox boxer? I'm only on my 2nd year...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bngsdad View Post
            I like watching Rigondeaux's sparring and I'm gonna try following his style and footwork later.

Unlike Guillermo, i use orthodox. Will it be hard for me or will it be a disadvantage? Is it more effective to follow another orthodox boxer? I'm only on my 2nd year...

Thanks
            What I have tried is flipping some of his videos from left to right, on VLC or whatever, so that Rigondeaux is orthodox. The problem is that he is usually fighting orthodox opponents, so unless you fight a lot of southpaws... good luck with that. The times where Rigondeaux has fought another southpaw, they have been short fights... Casey, Dickens, Yotjan...

Southpaws can get away with things that orthodox can't, so generally not a great idea to model yourself on a southpaw if you are not southpaw. For example, that thing that Rigondeaux does, where he kind of practises his straight left before jumping in with a straight left, you'd never get away with that orthodox v orthodox

Comment

Working...
            X