No announcement yet.

Hasim Rahman journeyman or champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    I agree. he was never a guy that could reel off several title defenses but he sure as hell was better than just a journeyman. he did also beat corrie sanders and a couple other descent fighters. there's been worse champions than rahman
    There might have been worse lineal champions but who? Leon Spinks perhaps. I struggle to name more.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      There might have been worse lineal champions but who? Leon Spinks perhaps. I struggle to name more.
      Shannon Briggs was no better and he didn't even deserve the lineal championship.

Comment

that journeyman made a f#ckload of moneyt and got onto major network TV for most of hte fights in his prime.

Comment

Hasim Rahman was a monster he'd of knocked Ali out in 1 round and all his opposition. He has a better jab than Liston and hit harder than Foreman this is undeniable.

The velocity of the overhand right he hit Lewis with was measured faster than the speed of light.

Elroy1

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            What is your opinion on Hasim Rahman. Was he nothing other than a journeyman fighter who was hand-picked as a challenger and got lucky. Or was he a very underrated Champion who should be given credit.
            I just watched the first fight against Lennox Lewis and I think he fought a good fight. it was NOT just a lucky punch. He was jabbing up and down at the body and the head. He fought good in the clinch and took away Lennox's jab with his own jab and over hand right.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Not a good fighter really.

Lost almost everytime he fought a decent fighter.
            He was a good fighter and I wouldn't say he had a glass jaw. Daivd Tua (43 KO) Oleg Maskaev (28 KO) Wlad Klitschko (53 KO) Lennox Lewis (32 KO) all could punch. It not like getting knocked out by Malik Scott.

Comment

Decent fighter..

Was a legit champion when he knocked out lennox..

I thought he performed very well vs tua both times and got screwed

Should have probably gotten the decision vs toney in their first fight.

Was a legit top ten guy for a decade

What hurts him is the horrible performances vs ruiz and evander, and basically being a one hit wonder with the championship

Oleg maskev was to Rahman what Iran Barkley was to tommy hearns

Bottom line, Rahman can punch hard, and is dangerous for anyone when he is on his game and using the jab.. But way too inconsistant, and was basically a heavyweight version of zab Judah
              Usually was an exciting fighter with a few exceptions like the ruiz fight

Comment

Working...
              X