No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez VS Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez VS Canelo Alvarez

Both Sergio and Canelo have said they are willing to fight next year on May 5th!
    Martinez KO
    59.49%
    Martinez Decision
    18.99%
    Alvarez KO
    18.99%
    Alvarez Decision
    2.53%

The poll is expired.

sergio by decision.

as long as sergio is still physically able to hold off the effects of earthling aging process his slick Argentinian style should carry him to a points decision against the mexican ginger.

Great slick boxers are kryptonite against mexican boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by C E L L View Post
      sergio by decision.

as long as sergio is still physically able to hold off the effects of earthling aging process his slick Argentinian style should carry him to a points decision against the mexican ginger.

Great slick boxers are kryptonite against mexican boxers.
      I can tell ur old school. U still think all Mexican fighters fight like Pepino Cuevas.

Comment

Do you think Goldenboy would throw Canelo in with Martinez????high risk low reward...hell no

Comment

Lol I don't even think Canelo could beat Lara let alone Martinez.

Funny thing is GBP agrees which is why they refuse to make the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
            I can tell ur old school. U still think all Mexican fighters fight like Pepino Cuevas.

that school of thought might be old but it is a timeless and accurate opinion.

A great slick boxer will almost always beat a great brawler/boxer puncher.

In this case its a great slick boxer vs a green boxer puncher.

Comment

Has this been confirmed, that Sergio said yes to may 5th?

Comment

Canelo has a shot at 154. 160 he gets murked.

Comment

I see this fight a high risk and high reward for both fights. If Canelo would win he beat the middle weight king. If Sergio were to win, he shows age is still not a factor for him.
                  Im personally a fan of both fighters, but if Canelo where to Connect, it could make Sergio Sleep. Canelo has the speed Chavez Jr, doesn't have, the same power, and good boxing ability.

I do believe Sergio is contemplating that fight because a fight with Floyd is not in his Cards!

Comment

ur right a slick boxer will almost always beat a brawler. But Canelo is not ricardo mayora. If u watch canelo fight and come back and say hes just a brawler/boxer puncher then u probably just tune in to boxing when theirs nothing else on tv.

Comment

Working...
                    X