Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaving Against the Grain, or With the Grain?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaving Against the Grain, or With the Grain?

Bros how do ya'll shave, and how often do you shave?

Do you use electric razor every other day?? One of these 5-blade razors every day, or every other day?

Old school single-blade razor with the badger hair shaving cream brush? (this is how i roll - I love my shaving routine and I look forward to it).

Or do you rock a beard and just trim it up with scissors every week or so?

And finally, as this thread is entitled - do you shave against the grain, or with the grain?

My shaving routine: I shave about once every three days with an old school single-blade razor. I use the type where you can replace the razor by sliding it in. I use a new razor about every three shaves (they are cheap as **** like 10 bucks for a pack of 100). I also have an expensive badger hair brush that allows you to "raise" the hairs so the follicle doesn't suffer from "ingrown hairs." I use my homemade blend of coconut oil and pure vitamin E oil to first layer my face, then use lather cream on top, and I blend/lather it up all over my face with my brush.

I used to shave with the grain, as I believed shaving against it would irritate my face more, and cause more ingrown hairs. Lately, however, I've been going against the grain, and I've been getting a PERFECT shave. So smooth with no ingrown hairs or irritation!

I end my shaving routine by applying a homemade virgin coconut oil, orange oil scent, and vitamin E oil to my face for moisture, and a nice scent.

I use an old school single blade razor (I got from my Grandpa) and shaving soap. I leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes then I shave against the grain.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
      I use an old school single blade razor (I got from my Grandpa) and shaving soap. I leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes then I shave against the grain.
      I use a straight razor my dead papa inherited from his poppa... I cut myself, trying be the man that I want to be.... my dad .... is him bad....

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        I use a straight razor my dead papa inherited from his poppa... I cut myself, trying be the man that I want to be.... my dad .... is him bad....
        I've always wanted to use one.

Comment

I've always wanted to use one.
          A straight blade requires a steady hand..
          A strap/strap to get homed by... nand a man with a steady hand homie... hot facial towel, sharp blade, and good solid honing...and dies talking **** in the background....
          Last edited by Zaroku; 04-25-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

I don’t shave my facial hair,I just burn it off with a cigarette lighter when it gets too long

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
              Bros how do ya'll shave, and how often do you shave?

Do you use electric razor every other day?? One of these 5-blade razors every day, or every other day?

Old school single-blade razor with the badger hair shaving cream brush? (this is how i roll - I love my shaving routine and I look forward to it).

Or do you rock a beard and just trim it up with scissors every week or so?

And finally, as this thread is entitled - do you shave against the grain, or with the grain?

My shaving routine: I shave about once every three days with an old school single-blade razor. I use the type where you can replace the razor by sliding it in. I use a new razor about every three shaves (they are cheap as **** like 10 bucks for a pack of 100). I also have an expensive badger hair brush that allows you to "raise" the hairs so the follicle doesn't suffer from "ingrown hairs." I use my homemade blend of coconut oil and pure vitamin E oil to first layer my face, then use lather cream on top, and I blend/lather it up all over my face with my brush.

I used to shave with the grain, as I believed shaving against it would irritate my face more, and cause more ingrown hairs. Lately, however, I've been going against the grain, and I've been getting a PERFECT shave. So smooth with no ingrown hairs or irritation!

I end my shaving routine by applying a homemade virgin coconut oil, orange oil scent, and vitamin E oil to my face for moisture, and a nice scent.
              I read you're whole routine in Patrick batman's voice from American pyscho lol

Comment

Nice! So you got a LEGIT single-blade razor! I want eventually get one, they are just so damn expensive for the nice ones.

So right now I just use a folding-handling where you replace the razor every few uses. it's mad cheap to get large quan****** of the razors.

But I'd like to get one of the real old-school ones where you gotta sharpen it. those are so quality! I can only imagine the quality of shave you get!!

You should invest in a badger hair brush like I have. Well I shouldn't say invest cause they really aren't expensive. I have one of the better quality ones, and only paid like 35 bucks for it.

It really helps lift the hairs off the skin to ensure the closest, most comfortable shave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  A straight blade requires a steady hand..
                  A strap/strap to get homed by... nand a man with a steady hand homie... hot facial towel, sharp blade, and good solid homies talking **** in the background....
                  YAssss! the complete old-school shave experience!

You forgot the badger hair brush with the ivory handle! That is used to lather the cream on the face, and raise/lift the hairs off the skin to ensure the closest, most comfortable shave!

but yes the hot towel beforehand is a crucial step!

I wish I had a nice expensive legit straight blade like you and Deez got from their pops/grandpops.

I just have the imitation handle where you have to replace the blade every few uses. Does a nice job, but I gotta get one like ya'll have for the ultimate gentleman's shave!

I actually look forward to my shaving routine in the morning. Nothing like applying a moisturizer/after shave on freshly shaven skin. It seeps in the skin and the aroma lasts all day!! My bytch used to LOVE it when she kisssed/sucked on my neck after a shave!

Comment

Originally posted by Switch Hitter93 View Post
                    I read you're whole routine in Patrick batman's voice from American pyscho lol
                    Hahah I swear I wasn't even going for that, but now that you mention it, it definitely does read every similar to that!

Comment

Working...
                    X