Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo vs GGG II gonna happen on May 5?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    not even debatable imo

defo happens
    Yep....
    It all comes down to ££$$

Comment

Does anyone know if it’s even close to being sold out?

Comment

Let it happen with the idea it might of been tainted meat, but we know *cough* nelo was looking for advantages.
        But its up to ggg. Wilder didn't want to fight a ped opponent. Even a guy who he could probably beat with the guy on PEDs.
        But with GGG and nelo it was competitive so nobody would blame GGG for not wanting it. Unless it was close because nelo was on PEDs in first fight

Comment

Originally posted by DeathWish View Post
          Does anyone know if it’s even close to being sold out?
          No idea, but good question.

I'd assume it has to be close, but now with this news I bet its slowing down sales a lot.

Comment

I'm in the IDK camp. No telling what any boxing organization is going to do:

-- Make no decision at all
            -- Decide based on money
            -- Pretend to have principle

Who knows?

Comment

95% sure it still happens. To me the suspension was the worst thing for everyone, the fighters, promoters, fans considering travel, Nevada did it because they don't have the stones to cancel the fight but they didn't want to just do literally nothing. So I'd say even though the suspension could be seen as sign it won't happen it's actually a sign it will as they can say "we had a full investigation and suspended him" when defending the decision to have the fight go ahead later. If they were going to cancel it, they would've by now.

Comment

I say yes, because I've seen these situations before and when there's a good amount of money involved, Nevada doesn't like to pull the brakes.
                Also, I think it's likely he ingested clen fed beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I say yes, because I've seen these situations before and when there's a good amount of money involved, Nevada doesn't like to pull the brakes.
                  Also, I think it's likely he ingested clen fed beef.
                  of course you do...

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    of course you do...
                    Settle down, fanboy. I'm not a big Canelo backer or GG hater. I've just seen this kind of thing before and know enough about the drug that the potential usage wouldn't have made sense. Pardon if I use a little objective thinking. I know that doesn't fly around here...
                    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 03-26-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      To me the suspension was the worst thing for everyone, the fighters, promoters, fans considering travel, Nevada did it because they don't have the stones to cancel the fight but they didn't want to just do literally nothing.
                      LOL, but yea this is exactly how I see it.

If they were going to cancel it, they would've by now.
                      This is my first thought, but something about this time feels different to me for w/e reason. And I think this is potentially gonna hurt PPV sales with them losing valuable advertising time with no one mentioning the fight & the training is also in a weird limbo. Although I suppose one could argue this controversy/suspension thing is doing some advertising of its own, but I think its negative is the problem.

Whatever ends up happening I definitely think someone needs to be *wink*wink* said to said clearer by the commission that either says 1)The fight is off or 2)The fight is on as long as (some list of various checks & balances) are worked out to our satisfaction on April 10 which clue in Oscar/Tommy L to the likelihood there will or won't be a problem later on allowing them to take measures needed to cancel the fight or nah.

And hell its probably likely the commission already *wink*wink* at Oscar & Tommy L so they know whats up, but people are gonna be making plans & traveling to this fight & you can't make them hem up their sh^t til 3.5wks before the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X