62.07%
    larry holmes
    37.93%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by butterfly1964
    who wins in their prime?
    Foreman by ko.

Comment

larry fought sorta like ali but had more power then ali. so imagine a steroided ali against foreman maaaan!!!!

Comment

George Foreman was powerful enough to knock out anybody and I can envision him stopping Larry Holmes as well. And I would surely be cheering for Foreman.

But Holmes was very skilled, had tons of heart, great stamina and a cast iron chin. This forces me to believe that Holmes would be victorious. I believe that because of his chin and great defensive skills, he would weather the early storm and come back to outbox the rapidly fading Foreman.

Larry Holmes by UD.

Comment

They were scheduled to meet in 76 but Larry got hurt against Williams so Foreman met Ledoux instead. George would have KOed him back then. George beat better comp than Larry could ever think of and has more KOs than Larry has career victories.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules
            They were scheduled to meet in 76 but Larry got hurt against Williams so Foreman met Ledoux instead. George would have KOed him back then. George beat better comp than Larry could ever think of and has more KOs than Larry has career victories.
            The 1973-74 version of Foreman would have a chance, but I don't think the 1976 version would have beaten Holmes. He was too passive and did not have the heart for boxing at this point.

Comment

Foreman would KO him. If he could KO Joe Frazier he could KO Holmes

Comment

It can be argued both ways:

Holmes is a more powerful version of Ali, thus he would beat Foreman.

OR

Foreman is a much better version of Shavers, thus Foreman could finish of Holmes.

Comment

Holmes isn't a more powerful version of Ali. He is more powerful, but he isn't as good a boxer.

Also, Foreman fought Ali stupidly. He could have won if he tried a different strategy.
                  Last edited by supaduck; 12-28-2005, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by supaduck
                    Holmes isn't a more powerful version of Ali. He is more powerful, but he isn't as good a boxer.

Also, Foreman fought Ali stupidly. He could have won if he tried a different stradegy.
                    yeah, what strategy? thats the only strategy he had, just go for the ko. he was doomed to lose to the louisville lip!

Comment

Working...
                    X