No announcement yet.

Aliens, yes or no?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
    i know this topic has been brought up on here numerous time but i wanted to re-open it and have a discussion about it.

in my opinion, i still dont believe that aliens are real.. yall wanna tell me that there are some deformed looking creatures out there that are smarter than humans and are way advance than us?!

remember when i made the living with dinosaurs thread? a lot of posters said humans would come out on top because humans are more intelligence. so now yall wanna tell me that there's some other form of life that is more advanced than us? i dont buy it!
    So you believe that we are the most intelligent and only beings throughout the vast universe? That is a conceded, yet amazing, view...…..Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      So you believe that we are the most intelligent and only beings throughout the vast universe? That is a conceded, yet amazing, view...…..Rockin'
      And if we are...so what?

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
        agreed! i mean if they're real, we would have encounter a dead body or something by now. alien sightings were reported as far back as 1639!!! lmao!!! 1639??!!! and still no proof of a damm body of an alien lol.
        Don't confuse proof with proof to you.

They may have proof, they're just not giving it out to us. I dont blame them either, if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          Don't confuse proof with proof to you.

They may have proof, they're just not giving it out to us. I dont blame them either, if true.
          Oh god.

Another one of those
          “Government is hiding aliens from us”

Hahahahaha hahahahaha

I’ve noticed how most people here don’t care to use logic.

Comment

• I think there is alien life out there somewhere I doubt they come here though.

Comment

• Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
              Probably the most logical and valid point on here, when you really look at the universe as a whole.

The Milky Way is on the outskirts of the known universe and our planet is on the outskirts of the Milky Way.

What I mean is this.....other planets and systems we haven't come close to discovering are far, far older than our little blue ball of water and land.

We, even from evolutionary standards, in the great scheme of things, are mere babes in the woods.

That's just statistically speaking, whether we've discovered "intelligent life" or not. Odds are, they would have developed so far ahead of us, that it would be incomparably beyond our comprehension to conceive.

...and we, really, wouldn't want to find them, as we would be little more than primates to them.

You cant prove any of that.

1. No telescope can see other supposed galaxies ,they are to far

2. Telescopes cant see the other side of the universe, its to far .

3. Earth has a firmament , and the stars and moon and sun are inside that firmament and nothing can get out

Comment

• Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                You cant prove any of that.

1. No telescope can see other supposed galaxies ,they are to far

2. Telescopes cant see the other side of the universe, its to far .

3. Earth has a firmament , and the stars and moon and sun are inside that firmament and nothing can get out;
                And you can prove THIS??

Comment

• Originally posted by HewJohnson View Post
                  Again, I’ll ask.

1) On what percentage of planets that could be considered habitable does life emerge?

2) On what percentage of planets with life does a civilization emerge?
                  Best estimates are usually estimated by the Drake Equation. The Drake Equation is used to estimate the number of communicating civilizations in the cosmos, or more simply put, the odds of finding intelligent life in the universe.

R* = fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x L

The variables in it are defined as such:

N = The number of civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy whose electromagnetic emissions are detectable.

R* = The rate of formation of stars suitable for the development of intelligent life.

fp = The fraction of those stars with planetary systems.

ne = The number of planets, per solar system, with an environment suitable for life.

fl = The fraction of suitable planets on which life actually appears.

fi = The fraction of life bearing planets on which intelligent life emerges.

fc = The fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space.

L = The length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space.

Estimating the total number of planets in the universe is difficult, but one statistical study suggests that in the Milky Way, each star has an average of 1.6 planets – yielding 160 billion alien planets in our home galaxy.

Of course this data is changing all the time with new discoveries; but, as you can see, the likelihood is quite high that we are not alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                    Best estimates are usually estimated by the Drake Equation. The Drake Equation is used to estimate the number of communicating civilizations in the cosmos, or more simply put, the odds of finding intelligent life in the universe.

R* = fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x L

The variables in it are defined as such:

N = The number of civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy whose electromagnetic emissions are detectable.

R* = The rate of formation of stars suitable for the development of intelligent life.

fp = The fraction of those stars with planetary systems.

ne = The number of planets, per solar system, with an environment suitable for life.

fl = The fraction of suitable planets on which life actually appears.

fi = The fraction of life bearing planets on which intelligent life emerges.

fc = The fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space.

L = The length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space.

Estimating the total number of planets in the universe is difficult, but one statistical study suggests that in the Milky Way, each star has an average of 1.6 planets – yielding 160 billion alien planets in our home galaxy.

Of course this data is changing all the time with new discoveries; but, as you can see, the likelihood is quite high that we are not alone.

Cool story bro.

I’ll ask again.

1) On what percentage of planets that could be considered habitable does life emerge?

2) On what percentage of planets with life does a civilization emerge?

Comment

• Originally posted by HewJohnson View Post
                      Oh god.

Another one of those
                      “Government is hiding aliens from us”

Hahahahaha hahahahaha

I’ve noticed how most people here don’t care to use logic.
                      What do you call logic?? These are all pictures of Galaxies

and this is only WHAT WE CAN SEE..So you are telling me its not logical to think there is other life in this entire Universe?

Comment

Working...
                      X