Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruiz was an undisciplined fat ass. But even in shape he still loses to that style.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    I think Ruiz Junior at 260 pounds is fine.

He was bulling Joshua back all night 'Seemed unaffected by Joshua's offense'.

This is the first time a fighter has came through Joshua's offense.

Out of the big 3, Joshua is the only fighter who has had to adjust his style.

Wilder & Fury pretty much one trick pony's.
    See wilder v stiverne I

Comment

Unfortunately he also has a good chin so fat **** won't learn untill somebody knocks him out cold and a massive crater in the ring is made from his fall.

Comment

Ruiz never let his hands go like he did in the first fight, so that was disappointing for sure. If he came in a 255-60lbs, fought more like the first fight and AJ still put in the same performance then we'd be talking about one of the best HW rematch wins ever.

Regardless of Ruiz's condition, AJ earned big props for being able to go out there an execute that gameplay near perfectly against a guy that stopped him only 6 months ago. Big mental barriers needed to be overcome so my opinion of AJ is higher than pre-Ruiz. He took the L and won the rematch despite many saying he shouldn't have gotten straight back in with Ruiz.

I still pick Fury to beat him by 2-3 points (closer than the Wilder fight) and for Wilder to come from behind to stop AJ.

AJ should stay active - Pulev in March, Usyk in June. Undisputed fight hopefully in late-2020 or in 2021.

As for Ruiz, he'll get fights with Fury and Wilder in the future because now he's a former champ and has a name they'd like on their resumes for sure as both resumes are lacking in depth.
        Last edited by £-4-£; 12-08-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Ruiz has arrived in the heavyweight division, BIG fights out there for him. 'I backed Joshua to win, but I can see Ruiz giving all these guys serious issues' that was not a easy fight for Joshua last night, that was no Lennox Lewis vs David Tua. Joshua was shaken by every single exchange, the smiles did not fool me.

But unlike Wilder & Fury, Joshua has been forced to adapt his style to win 'He has shown more versatility than Wilder/Fury'.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
            See wilder v stiverne I
            That is not really a insult to Wilder, nobody has been good enough to force him to change 'Joshua after he as beaten by Ruiz, went into deep reflection/evaluation' he was forced to change.

Wilder thus-far, may drop rounds but eventually he has been getting to his opponents in a very brutal way. 'And then we have Tyson Fury, people herald him as some sort of Heavyweight Mayweather' when in reality at elite level, he has only fought ONE WAY 'If he was this great boxer, he should of mixed things up more with Deontay Wilder' smothered his work, and big manned him 'Even his uncle was perplexed as to way he did not apply these tactics'.

Comment

Ruiz in shape wouldn't even be fighting at HW...

Comment

That is not really a insult to Wilder, nobody has been good enough to force him to change 'Joshua after he as beaten by Ruiz, went into deep reflection/evaluation' he was forced to change.

Wilder thus-far, may drop rounds but eventually he has been getting to his opponents in a very brutal way. 'And then we have Tyson Fury, people herald him as some sort of Heavyweight Mayweather' when in reality at elite level, he has only fought ONE WAY 'If he was this great boxer, he should of mixed things up more with Deontay Wilder' smothered his work, and big manned him 'Even his uncle was perplexed as to way he did not apply these tactics'.
                No insult meant. Even in the stiverne fight he dropped him at the bell (ref allowed wilder to get tackled didn’t call a Kd).

As for Tyson, he didn’t want the big shots then and doesn’t want the big shots now which is why he stayed outside where he could see. It makes sense to smother wilder, but Ortiz 1 changed when he tried to rush in, brazeale was broken off of a break, stiverne broken off of a break, Scott broken off of a break. Wilder capitalized on refs who will break him up

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                  No insult meant. Even in the stiverne fight he dropped him at the bell (ref allowed wilder to get tackled didn’t call a Kd).

As for Tyson, he didn’t want the big shots then and doesn’t want the big shots now which is why he stayed outside where he could see. It makes sense to smother wilder, but Ortiz 1 changed when he tried to rush in, brazeale was broken off of a break, stiverne broken off of a break, Scott broken off of a break. Wilder capitalized on refs who will break him up
                  Yes it makes since to smother Wilder, because he generates most of his power of long range punches, and big hooks. His offense does not have masses of diversity I.E remember that short shot which seemingly only moved inches that Mike Tyson landed on Francis Botha? Wilder for me, has not shown big power on the inside 'But of course fighters are weary of being caught in the process of coming in'.

Comment

Yes it makes since to smother Wilder, because he generates most of his power of long range punches, and big hooks. His offense does not have masses of diversity I.E remember that short shot which seemingly only moved inches that Mike Tyson landed on Francis Botha? Wilder for me, has not shown big power on the inside 'But of course fighters are weary of being caught in the process of coming in'.
                    I agree that wilders inside game leaves a lot to be desired just saying if you move how you'd like outside you can dictate tempo all round. If you get inside you can get caught going in, or get clinched and give wilder a walking start towards you, which can be devastating. It’s more about the clinch and reset which wilder is good at, not the inside game.

Comment

Originally posted by FredRekk View Post
                      That’s obviously not true since he’s already beaten Joshua once.
                      if he sticks and moves like he did today.

Comment

Working...
                      X