Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua vs. Parker Deal is Close, We're Ready To Overpay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
    Hearn trying to get every dollar he can lol at the end of the day it's business but 35% ain't overpaying Parker is a champion at the end of the day.
    Yes it is.

The monetary figure of the purse hasn't really been disclosed. When we read about percentage splits, many want to say that one side is too low when we don't even get how much the person is being paid.

We've seen how much Parker has been paid in his fights since he won the WBO heavyweight title. They (Duco Events) nearly didn't have the Parker-Ruiz fight for the WBO title when it was vacant in New Zealand because of sponsorship/and last minute approvals.

http://www.boxingscene.com/parker-ru...ls-out--110434

On top of that, Parker was slated to face Joshua either at the end of last year or the beginning of 2017 but passed on it due to money...he was the #1 contender to the IBF title

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxi...ng-News-Gossip

So it doesn't matter if Parker is the WBO champ or not...he/his team passed on a fight with Joshua earlier for the IBF belt in order to go after the WBO belt. That would (or should) count against him in these negotiations.

Comment

That’s the price of fame lol, at the end of the day AJ is the golden ticket. Did Wilder and Parker even considered fighting each other? I mean that would have place those two belts in one hand and more bargaining chip in a AJ negotiation, but nah they would rather cash that belt one by one. Oh well as long as the belts ends up in one boxers hand at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post

So it doesn't matter if Parker is the WBO champ or not...he/his team passed on a fight with Joshua earlier for the IBF belt in order to go after the WBO belt. That would (or should) count against him in these negotiations.
        Well they are not going to look at it that way now are they? At the end of the day they think as a team, Parker ending up with the WBO belt going into a negotiating table with Joshua is a lot more profitable isn’t it? Not sure what the split is for the IBF but I doubt he would have made more. At the end of the day the fight is happening and that’s all that matters, if the fight didn’t come off due to money then I know which side I would blame (Parker).

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
          Wilder shouldn't take a penny less than 45%
          I think it'll be 60/40...that was my prediction on the fight a few months back and it seems I'll be right about the spilt on both.

Wilder will walk away with $12 - 15 million, so he'll be good.

Comment

Don't you think AJ is putting his unbeating and 3 belts on the line as well?a punch can end a fight in the heavy weight division

Comment

Cant wait to see Parker get his First KO with that tacky presser

Comment

So just because AJ filled out the o2 and now big stadiums does that mean Hearn can demand around 80% of the pot.That's alright fighting Whyte and Cornish but Wlad and guys with world titles won't have it and neither should they.

If ever AJ. unifies he may be in a better position to really call the shots but at the minute both Hearn and A.J. look like they are only prepered to stick to the safest business plan possible and line the belts up for the smallest payment......ok. I get what this pair are up to but it doesn't show great confidence in AJ. when they are sidestepping the greatest threat ever to AJ's chin because they are not prepered to share a massive pot with a guy who is an unbeaten world champion and has as many ko's as AJ. has had fights!

Comment

Gotta love Hearn, but he's SUCH a dildo. 65-35 is fair to get a belt. Before long, there's a good chance that AJ will have all of the belts (or Wilder might...never know) and then you can lowball all you want. What's certain is if Parker (doubtful) or Wilder (quite possible) beats AJ, their team is going to hold Hearn over the coals for the rematch and do all of this back to him. Can't fault him for trying to squeeze the last drop out of everything in his fighter's favor, even if he is a diva about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Well they are not going to look at it that way now are they? At the end of the day they think as a team, Parker ending up with the WBO belt going into a negotiating table with Joshua is a lot more profitable isn’t it? Not sure what the split is for the IBF but I doubt he would have made more. At the end of the day the fight is happening and that’s all that matters, if the fight didn’t come off due to money then I know which side I would blame (Parker).
                    And that is EXACTLY the reason why they went after the WBO strap, so they could guarantee themselves a better cut of the oot when they did get around to fighting Joshua. thus far you'd have to say it has worked.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                      Yes it is.

The monetary figure of the purse hasn't really been disclosed. When we read about percentage splits, many want to say that one side is too low when we don't even get how much the person is being paid.

We've seen how much Parker has been paid in his fights since he won the WBO heavyweight title. They (Duco Events) nearly didn't have the Parker-Ruiz fight for the WBO title when it was vacant in New Zealand because of sponsorship/and last minute approvals.

http://www.boxingscene.com/parker-ru...ls-out--110434

On top of that, Parker was slated to face Joshua either at the end of last year or the beginning of 2017 but passed on it due to money...he was the #1 contender to the IBF title

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxi...ng-News-Gossip

You it's true he was number 1 for ibf.

Then the wbo opened up and instead of waiting around to get his mandotory he got a belt instead.

I don't suppose you would wait for awhile to get a mando because hearn n co were taking their sweet time with it.

Or would you take a chance at a belt which you knew for sure you would get a shot at and much earlier to boot

Comment

Working...
                      X