No announcement yet.

Gum shield recommendation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gum shield recommendation

I've just started training again after a 10 year hiatus and now getting in the mood to start sparring again. My gum shield has went walkies so im looking for recommendations on purchasing a new one.

Preferably i could do with a breathing hole whilst my mouth is closed but am struggling to find many in the boil and bite variety. Can anyone recommend any ?? I am based in the Uk.

Also would there be much benefit having a custom fit or is this a bit excessive for just a bit of sparring?

Any help would be appreciated.

Your "mouth piece" should be custom made.
    The fit should be perfect and the double (up & down two piece) is absolute junk!

Spend the money and get the good stuff.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by lightningleeroy View Post
      I've just started training again after a 10 year hiatus and now getting in the mood to start sparring again. My gum shield has went walkies so im looking for recommendations on purchasing a new one.

Preferably i could do with a breathing hole whilst my mouth is closed but am struggling to find many in the boil and bite variety. Can anyone recommend any ?? I am based in the Uk.

Also would there be much benefit having a custom fit or is this a bit excessive for just a bit of sparring?

Any help would be appreciated.
      Forget those dual layer joints, they're trash.

Just get any old mouthpiece for your tops. It's no big deal.

Comment

Cheers for the reply's chaps, i will look at getting one sorted when i get back from work. Will have to start working on breathing from my nose then i suppose, you know what its like, bad habits die hard.

Comment

The same as someone said above, it should be custom done for the best safety.

Comment

Working...
          X