Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 11-21-2017, 05:55 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2335 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,297,371.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default Covington says Werdum sucker punched him, threatened to kill in boomerang incident

Colby Covington said a Fabricio Werdum sucker punch started their altercation last week in Australia — not him calling Werdum an “animal.”

On Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, Covington said he was talking trash to Tyron Woodley on Twitter last Wednesday while waiting for a cab outside the fighter hotel in Sydney when someone punched him in the head. He looked up and it was Werdum, Covington said.

“All of a sudden I get hit in the face from the side,” Covington said. “I’m like, ‘Whoa, what’s going on?’ I’m a little concussed, like a little bit messed up in the head. Like, whoa, what just happened? All this heat-of-the-moment type stuff. I look up and it’s Fabricio Werdum and he’s still coming at me with his coach Rafael Cordeiro and they’re acting like they’re gonna jump me.”

Covington said both Werdum and Cordeiro threatened to kill him. The UFC welterweight said Syndicate MMA coach John Wood then got between the two sides. At some point, Werdum threw a boomerang at Covington, which Covington said landed off the side of his face.

The boomerang throw was captured on video by UFC fighter Dan Hooker and posted to Twitter. Werdum has been charged with common assault by the New South Wales Police Force.

Werdum said last week to UOL of Brazil that Covington started the confrontation by calling him a Brazilian animal as they crossed paths in Sydney. Werdum admitted to slapping the phone out of Covington’s hands, but said Covington also kicked him.

Covington said that didn’t happen and the first time he knew Werdum was there was when he looked up after being hit with a “sucker punch.”

“I knew nothing about Werdum,” Covington said. “His claims are completely lies. I said nothing to him. I didn’t even see him before he hit me in the face. He’s out here saying, ‘Colby was calling me a filthy animal.’ No, I said those comments three weeks ago. Those comments are old. You can’t come up and attack someone because of free speech. It’s not OK to condone violence because of free speech.”

Covington ran down Brazil and its fans after beating Demian Maia last month at UFC Sao Paulo. He called the country a dump and Brazilians “filthy animals.” The comments have upset Brazilians, including some of his American Top Team training partners.

That doesn’t mean he should be attacked, though, Covington said. The Oregon native believes he should be able to say what he wants — free speech — without fear of assault and battery. Covington said he went to law enforcement, because he knew it would be a “he said, she said” situation with he and Werdum and wanted to make sure the video evidence — hotel security cameras, etc. — would be seen by the UFC and others to show he didn’t start it.

“Where’s the equality at?” Covington said. “All the people that are saying, ‘Oh, he’s a snitch, he went to the cops.’ Yeah, you know. You’re condoning violence because of free speech. You know what that’s called, Ariel? That’s called fascism. You know who else believed in fascism? Adolf Hitler and the Nazis. It’s not OK, Ariel. There will be justice served.

“He thinks it’s a joke. This ain’t a joke, man. He came up and attacked me. Take away the fact that we’re pro fighters, Ariel. If you’re out in the street and someone comes up to you in the street and hits you in the face because of comments you made on MMA Hour, would that be OK, Ariel?”

After being hit with the boomerang, Covington grabbed his phone and began shooting video of the altercation on Instagram Live. During that stream, Covington cursed out Werdum, called him an animal and used an anti-gay slur toward him. Covington said Werdum started out by calling him anti-gay slurs and, after being hit in the head, he was not thinking clearly about what he was saying.

“At that point, my head was all messed up,” Covington said. “I regret anything that I said, because I was a little concussed, man. He hit me in the face. Like, he’s calling me these anti-gay slur remarks a bunch of times. He’s saying I’m gonna kill you, this and that. My head is spinning, I just wanted to get that out there for evidence.

“I have no ill effect towards the LGBTQ community. I actually support them. I have friends that are gay. It’s no disrespect to them. Marriage … that’s a mistake in itself, but that’s a whole other story.”

Covington said anyone calling him a snitch for going to the police about Werdum are the “same people that are cheating on their taxes, cheating on their wives” and “a bunch of filthy animals.” He said that a boomerang is a “deadly weapon” and Werdum’s fate is now in the hands of the Australian authorities.

“Fabricio Werdum, you messed up, dude,” Werdum said. “You messed with Oregon’s biggest bad guy and you went about it the wrong way, man. There’s a way to go about your business. You can’t come in and invade people’s personal space because of free speech. Now you’re in the hands of the Australian police and I’m onto bigger things: Tyron Woodley.”
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-21-2017, 09:01 AM #2
GUCCI

Quoted: 494 Post(s)
$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute$Bullsfam$ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 69,667,392,000,358,216.00
Total Points: 72,667,392,000,438,960.00
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Happy Birthday :) - Bossy wut up nate!! - Mike D Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass Retard - Weltschmerz this idiot deserves a kick - Freedom. 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- 

Colbys a biietch and I hope he gets KTFO.

Wannabe chael sonnen. Not even on the american gangsters level
$Bullsfam$ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:29 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3118 Post(s)
Boxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,789,368.85
Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx No Message - DionysusX 

Dont like Covington but Werdum has a history of starting stuff with smaller fighters.
Boxfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:22 PM #4
Hard As F*ck

Quoted: 4354 Post(s)
Willy Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,112,536,152,446,078,025,728.00
Total Points: 7,112,536,152,546,078,621,696.00
No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker here's another one to help the cause - -jose- 
lol - -jose- Merry Christmas - TBear Lounge ATG - Mike D From Brandi with Love! - BoxingFan85 Just because. - DionysusX 
my ni gga - STAX ON DECK Looking forward to the fight man ? Who you rooting for ? - ScottWeiland happy father's day (in the event your creampie was loaded, lol) - DionysusX The Autozone comment had me rolling. Haha. Cheers - anthonydavid11 Camacho avi :love: that's one sexy Rican - -jose- 
Lana was sent from above - Santa_ -jose- aka Colonel Culo Snatcher :lol1::lol1: - -jose- alt account and serial racist member. - Shaolin Sword WAR COTTO! one last time :beerchug: - -jose- Love your funny posts - 1bad65 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 

Covington is such a try hard.

Trying to be the next Conor McGregor or Chael Sonnen, but he's just not funny or witty enough.
Willy Wanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:59 PM #5

Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 3,910,481,981,119,820.00
FREE RiZO! - Carlton Banks MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk 
Coffee Is Professional - Loccy To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita &amp;lt;3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy super clegg - Old Coward 
No Message - -veteran420- with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt 
super e-baller - MANIAC310 Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin Good Man - JimRaynor 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

Would've been funny if the boomerang came flying back and hit him in the face like in a cartoon.
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:01 AM #6
Banned

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Sn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 130,794,191,592,204,075,008.00
Total Points: 131,772,660,290,204,155,904.00
suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger 
suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger 
suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger Merry Christmas again - TBear You look like you need an apple :) - *Boss Lady* I give thee apple - Bossy 
thanx for the points!!! - E.P.T. thx for the points - Pain~Lucy Happy Holidays again Sn1 - TBear Here's an apple for ya. - j0zef Holiday - TBear 

he no respect the boomerang

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Sn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:03 AM #7
Banned

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Sn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 130,794,191,592,204,075,008.00
Total Points: 131,772,660,290,204,155,904.00
suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger Merry Christmas again - TBear You look like you need an apple :) - *Boss Lady* I give thee apple - Bossy 
thanx for the points!!! - E.P.T. thx for the points - Pain~Lucy Happy Holidays again Sn1 - TBear Here's an apple for ya. - j0zef Holiday - TBear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
Would've been funny if the boomerang came flying back and hit him in the face like in a cartoon.
Sn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:00 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 827 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 81,769,640,710.94
Total Points: 201,884,887,134.50
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Yeah well Covington, much like Duffman, "says a lot of things." Oh YEAH.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:25 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9186 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 212,998,657,496,392,826,880.00
Total Points: 689,084,428,522,862,518,730,752.00
I love you - BombZquad Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D for jhonny to munch on - Sup You're the man! - JimRaynor 
Cheers Jhonny!  SOG!  SOG! - Redd Foxx Enjoy this tasty burger! - JimRaynor Happy Hanukkah - Freedom. Learn English.  U faggot. - HAMMER77777 Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 
Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask 
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1 View Post
he no respect the boomerang

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

LMAO, I needed that! Thanks man
Zaroku is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boomerang, covington, him, incident, kill, punched, sucker, threatened, werdum

User Tag List