No announcement yet.

Who's picking Ryan Martin to upset Josh Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's picking Ryan Martin to upset Josh Taylor

I remember seeing a couple people saying they thought Martin was going to beat Taylor awhile back, but I don't recall who they were.

So who thinks Martin is gonna beat Taylor & why do you feel that way? Or if you just feel like this is a 50/50ish fight or something to give me your thought process & reasoning?

I've only seen a few Martin fights admittedly (5 or under probably) & I am impressed with him first off. He's clearly a talented guy, but Taylor looks like he could be a special guy potentially & like he's further along in his trajectory than Martin is right now so I think this is like a 70/30ish fight Taylor's way & not realllllllllly that close of a fight.

But I am curious is some cats are seeing some sh^t I'm missing.

I'm not picking Martin.....Taylor is something special!

As much as I like Regis, I see Josh winning the whole tournament.

Comment

Possible, depends on which Martin Shows up! I've seen inconsistency from him but he has the talent and natural abilities for sure to pull off the upset but Taylor is more well rounded IMO and should win this one

Comment

You’ve seen him 5 times.

What does he do well?

The thing with Josh is that he’s a paler and marks up and tends to settle into a rhythm which is when he looks excellent. I think he’s a big talent but I find his style so text book that if he’s having an off night he’ll find it difficult to just work and push the punches out and end up waiting too long.

A swarmer type could cause him issues I think or even an excellent spoiler if a lightweight B hop exists

Comment

Taylor and Prograis are 1A and 1B in the division. They will have to get it on to see who is the top dog. They will do that...in the finals of the Tourney

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Possible, depends on which Martin Shows up! I've seen inconsistency from him but he has the talent and natural abilities for sure to pull off the upset but Taylor is more well rounded IMO and should win this one
            Agree 100% with the bolded & thats part of my thought process on why this isn't gonna be THAT competitive of a fight. Taylor is gonna be able to figure out Martin & capitalize of off more of Martin's mistakes.

If these two were fighting further down the line I think this fight could look differently & be closer, but it feels too soon for Martin. And don't get that twisted its not like I'm anti-guys jumping into a tournament like this early in their career, but when you don't have those couple extra years of seasoning, that some guys need, to reach your max potential its a big ask to come out on top vs more proven, talented guys like Taylor just is here. Like even when guys go above & beyond what we've seen from them in moments like this fight will be for Martin its still far more likely they come up short.

Comment

Certainly not me

Comment

Off top, I have a feeling Taylor could stop him. I've only seen a couple of Martin fights so I'm going to study his style throughout the week to adjust my pick and figure out how I wanna play this fight.

This is a pretty big step up for Martin, in muhfücking Glasgow no less.

Comment

Nobody.............

Comment

Riding with Taylor... but Ivan Baranchyk will win the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X