This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Nah, I would like you to read this article and tell me what you think. I believe its not only alarming about Sarri but pretty damning to him as a coach.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-...uture-15817778

I dont think Sarri is that good of a coach at all. If what is said in the article is true, Sarri isnt a very good manager at all, he's probably a Roberto Martinez level coach with an attractivr philosophy.

Maybe even less than Martinez because Martinez at least won something with Wigan. Sarri has won nothing at all even with his 92 pts, he could have at least scrapped a domestic cup if they were so good.
    That's a good read, good insight. Like you say though it's impossible to know if that's what's going through Sarri's head, interpretation can differ from person to person.

Philosophy managers will be more stubborn as a rule though, there's more ego on show. Pep said he'd rather quit football than change his philosophy when he was asked about it every week during the struggles of his first season.

Cups aren't a barometer of progress. Klopp and Poch have both done great jobs and made huge strides at their clubs without winning anything. Mourinho did a ***** job at United and won trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      El Fenemeno still sucking Sarri's dick because Napoli gave City a tough couple of games years ago . Couldn't have put it better myself.

You're embarassing yourself by doubling down on this nonsense.

Embarassing.
      Once again, not everyone in England only watches foreign sides when they face another English team. It's possible to watch them other times.

Not seen much of you since the discussions at the start of the 17/18' season where Pep would be "out by Xmas" apparently. No surprise you keep the majority of your abysmal takes to yourself these days.

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
      I thought Juve literally drew or lost the first 8 or 9 games one season and still managed to beat Napoli for the league.. even after the massive head start
      Juve got 95 points ffs.

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Just doesn’t work. I think we do have good midfielders.

Drop the defensive line 20 metres.

Kante base of the midfield, Kovacic, RLC box to box.

Really Kante should never be ahead of the ball imo.
      More 'Kante at the base' shouts.

Kante has never played on his own at the base of the midfield in his entire career (since he's been in England at least).

At Leicester Drinkwater sat deepest, Matic/Fabregas were the deep sitting midfielders at Chelsea and at the WC Pogba was the deepest midfielder in a deep-lying playmaker role.

He's never sat at the base as far as I know. He's at his most effective when given license to track down loose balls anywhere in the midfield. That's his fundamental skill as a footballer.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
        Once again, not everyone in England only watches foreign sides when they face another English team. It's possible to watch them other times.

Not seen much of you since the discussions at the start of the 17/18' season where Pep would be "out by Xmas" apparently. No surprise you keep the majority of your abysmal takes to yourself these days.

Juve got 95 points ffs

More 'Kante at the base' shouts.

Kante has never played on his own at the base of the midfield in his entire career (since he's been in England at least).

At Leicester Drinkwater sat deepest, Matic/Fabregas were the deep sitting midfielders at Chelsea and at the WC Pogba was the deepest midfielder in a deep-lying playmaker role.

He's never sat at the base as far as I know. He's at his most effective when given license to track down loose balls anywhere in the midfield. That's his fundamental skill as a footballer.
        Kante absolutely has been at the base at Chelsea quite often. Often going in between the centre backs when out of possession.

Chelsea haven't played with 4-2-3-1 save for Matic and then we effectively had 2 mids so they both sat.

Do you think Kante is a box-to-box football.

Do you think he should be ahead of the football when in possession and entrusted to make runs into the box.

I know you see Sarri as some sort of football guru. But you wouldn't have him at City because deep down you know he's awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Kante absolutely has been at the base at Chelsea quite often. Often going in between the centre backs when out of possession.

Chelsea haven't played with 4-2-3-1 save for Matic and then we effectively had 2 mids so they both sat.

Do you think Kante is a box-to-box football.

Do you think he should be ahead of the football when in possession and entrusted to make runs into the box.

I know you see Sarri as some sort of football guru. But you wouldn't have him at City because deep down you know he's awful.
          I was talking about when a team is in possession of the ball.

He's never been the player to receive the ball from the CBs on a consistent basis because he can't receive the ball under pressure, his first touch is sub par and he doesn't look around quickly enough to get a picture of the game.

He won the WC playing as a box-to-box midfielder.

If our board needed to replace Pep tomorrow and they had to pick from any manager Chelsea have had since the turn of the century, they'd undoubtably opt for Sarri in my opinion.

Oh, and if we didn't have the policy of not going back in for players who've turned us down then I'm confident Pep would happily still take Jorginho on the spot too.

I don't think Sarri is a 'football guru', I'm just applying basic logic here. This is the same debate we had about Pep 2 years ago. I'm not sure Pep would've lasted that first season at Chelsea.

Comment

I was talking about when a team is in possession of the ball.

He's never been the player to receive the ball from the CBs on a consistent basis because he can't receive the ball under pressure, his first touch is sub par and he doesn't look around quickly enough to get a picture of the game.

He won the WC playing as a box-to-box midfielder.

If our board needed to replace Pep tomorrow and they had to pick from any manager Chelsea have had since the turn of the century, they'd undoubtably opt for Sarri in my opinion.

Oh, and if we didn't have the policy of not going back in for players who've turned us down then I'm confident Pep would happily still take Jorginho on the spot too.

I don't think Sarri is a 'football guru', I'm just applying basic logic here. This is the same debate we had about Pep 2 years ago. I'm not sure Pep would've lasted that first season at Chelsea.
            Pep wouldn’t have the money.

Fernandinho is really good.

What does he do that you think Jorginho can?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              What does he do that you think Jorginho can?
              Presume you meant "What doesn't he do"

He isn't as good under pressure or as good a passer as Jorginho. When we've struggled against high press teams like Liverpool and Lyon recently it's been down to giving the ball away in silly areas a lot of the time. Jorginho and his 1 touch pass to break the press alleviates much of the problem straight away.

Plus it would be nice to not have to rely on 33 year old Fernandinho for 50+ games a year cos no one else can play his role effectively.

Comment

Juve got 95 points ffs.

r.
                yeah thats because juve gone berserk and rake up 27 wins from the remaining 28 weeks that season.

Comment

• I know you guys don’t follow MLS but one of their best teams just got trounced in concacaf’s version of the champions league by part time Panamanian players. One player Michael Bradley is worth more than the entire club they lost too. Smh

And I though it was bad for Arsenal.

Comment

Presume you meant "What doesn't he do"

He isn't as good under pressure or as good a passer as Jorginho. When we've struggled against high press teams like Liverpool and Lyon recently it's been down to giving the ball away in silly areas a lot of the time. Jorginho and his 1 touch pass to break the press alleviates much of the problem straight away.

Plus it would be nice to not have to rely on 33 year old Fernandinho for 50+ games a year cos no one else can play his role effectively.
                    No I meant what does Jorginho that Fernandinho does? Because he doesn’t do anything that Fernandinho does.

He doesn’t do break that press as effectively as you think. And everyone presses Chelsea unlike City.

He doesn’t break the press. He does retain possession playing 5-10 yard passes to the closest ‘12 o’clock’ player. Please watch Chelsea’s Jorginho particularly on Sunday and ask yourself is this guy playing well. Removing your preconceived opinions about him.

Fernandinho drives into space with the ball at his feet. It’s a more valuable characteristic than popping the ball off.

Jorginho’s forward passing is horrific.

The thing is he probably is hopelessly out of form but Inwouldnt know where to put him in any other team in the prem including yours.

You dodged a huge bullet.

I doubt anyone at City rates him anymore. And before you say that’s knee jerk and City are somehow the greatest visionary club with untold patience the whole league has gone after Jorginho tactically, ironically, including City and they will again on Sunday
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-20-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• city

Comment

Working...
                      X