No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs Brian Castano Set for March 2nd at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erislandy Lara vs Brian Castano Set for March 2nd at Barclays

I can't wait for this fight. Lara took a beating late vs Hurd so we really don't know where he's at, but if he lost even a bit himself from that fight, then Castano may pull this one out. Castano had a very impressive win over Soro in 2017 and beat up on Vitu last year. He could become one of the emerging stars at 154 with an impressive performance here.

Wonder what the UC will look like. Can't just have Lara headline Barclays without a good UC.

vamos brian carajo!!!!

i really think he might be the first one to stop lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      vamos brian carajo!!!!

i really think he might be the first one to stop lara.
      Oh, it's possible, especially after Lara's last fight. With his age and the type of punishment he took vs Hurd? Definitely could be there for the taking. But Lara showed big heart in the Hurd fight as he often times stood his ground and fired back against the bigger, younger and stronger fighter. He's not going down without a fight. Lara probably lost some of his movement so it should lead to another entertaining fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Oh, it's possible, especially after Lara's last fight. With his age and the type of punishment he took vs Hurd? Definitely could be there for the taking. But Lara showed big heart in the Hurd fight as he often times stood his ground and fired back against the bigger, younger and stronger fighter. He's not going down without a fight. Lara probably lost some of his movement so it should lead to another entertaining fight.
        yes, i think brian might be catching him at the right moment. lara's last fight was tough and he is like 35 now. we were asking for brian to step up and this is the perfect fight

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          yes, i think brian might be catching him at the right moment. lara's last fight was tough and he is like 35 now. we were asking for brian to step up and this is the perfect fight
          Soro fight showed he was the truth. But that was apparent with his amateur pedigree and what he did in the WSB.

This fight solidifies Castano as a legitimate top level fighter at 154. A win here and you could put him against anyone in the division and he gives them hell.

Comment

Lara is a great ****ing warrior!

Good fight...best Cuban right now

Comment

Will be on Showtime I presume?

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                Will be on Showtime I presume?
                Yes. There is a Fox card the following week and a Fox PPV 2 weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                  Yes. There is a Fox card the following week and a Fox PPV 2 weeks later.
                  Alright, cool

Comment

I hope lara pulls the win out. He’s terribly underrated. 1 of the best to ever do it at 154

Comment

Working...
                    X