Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Jacobs does $8.6 mil gate at T-Mobile

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo's previous fight at the T-Mobile arena against GGG generated more than $27mil at the gate as compared to just $8mil at the gate in the same venue as Golovkin against Jacobs which is pathetic.

Comment

Looks like that puts it at being the 34th biggest gate in Nevada ever. Just below Manny vs Hatton & right above Manny vs Clottey.

And its the 7th biggest gate in NV since MayPac 4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Those numbers are disastrous.
        Disastrous?!?!?!

Arum would suck your dick tomorrow for some $8.6M gate numbers right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Mayweather lowest Vegas gate was $9 million against Ortiz. He did $10 mil against Berto.
          He also routinely bought over a million dollars worth of tickets. So does Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Looks like that puts it at being the 34th biggest gate in Nevada ever. Just below Manny vs Hatton & right above Manny vs Clottey.

And its the 7th biggest gate in NV since MayPac 4 years ago.
            manny vs Clottey was at Cowboys Stadium. Not in Nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              How are they disastrous? You know Wilder-Fury only did a 3.5 million $ gate right?
              Canelo numbers aren't disastrous. But comparing a non-Vegas gate to the Vegas gate of the biggest star in boxing is disastrous

Comment

Mayweather lowest Vegas gate was $9 million against Ortiz. He did $10 mil against Berto.
                I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Canelo's previous fight at the T-Mobile arena against GGG generated more than $27mil at the gate as compared to just $8mil at the gate in the same venue as Golovkin against Jacobs which is pathetic.
                  I think that has more to do with Jacobs being seen as less of a threat & having less fans than GGG more than anything else.

I'm here in Vegas. When Canelo vs GGG was going on it was a virtual pick em fight iirc & when I was on the strip during fight week I seen about a 60/40 split in Canelo gear to GGG gear.

A couple weeks back Canelo was like a -600ish or -700ish favorite iirc & when I was on the strip during fight week I seen about a 95/5 split in Canelo gear to Jacobs gear.

That means something in regards to revenue. The competitiveness of a fight matters, perceived or legit cuz I thought the fight was gonna be close personally, but I was in the minority. The draw of BOTH fighters matter.

Canelo is doing fine. This isn't a huge W or anything, but its clearly not some big L or a L at all either. Its business as usual.

Maybe the most interesting thing about this news is they fibbed the announced numbers to the real numbers by about 15%.

Comment

Good numbers. For comparisons, Spence/Garcia which had 40k+ in the stadium had a live gate of 4.7M.

Canelo wasn't going to do GGG numbers this fight, but who expected him to do so?

Comment

Canelo numbers aren't disastrous. But comparing a non-Vegas gate to the Vegas gate of the biggest star in boxing is disastrous
                      Manny did these types of numbers when he was right up there with Floyd & when Floyd was AWOL with boxing. These numbers are the 34th best revenue numbers in NV boxing history. Its surely among the best numbers worldwide & it was a fight where Canelo was a big favorite & most thought the fight was uncompetitive largely.

Its not worthy of a victory lap or anything, but its definitely not "disastrous". This ain't the Hurrican Katrina of boxing events ffs.

Comment

Working...
                      X