Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember in 2016 Abel Sanchez said GGG would test 168!? What Happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He fought Daniel Jacobs and Canelo twice instead?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
      He fought Daniel Jacobs and Canelo twice instead?
      Daniel Jacobs wasn’t at 168 not were the Canelo bouts. 2016?

More importantly, what do Canelo and Jacobs have to do with the WBO back in 2016 or have any context to Ward from 168-175?

You shouldn’t pretend you didn’t watch the video.

Comment

The point is, who cares that he didn’t move up, he fought Jacobs and Canelo twice after that video was shot.

Originally posted by Greedo's Lawyer View Post
        Daniel Jacobs wasn’t at 168 not were the Canelo bouts. 2016?

More importantly, what do Canelo and Jacobs have to do with the WBO back in 2016 or have any context to Ward from 168-175?

You shouldn’t pretend you didn’t watch the video.

Comment

Canelo happened. Once Canelo moved up to 160 and declared he would stay at that weight, there was no more reason for Golovkin to move to 168.

Comment

The point is, who cares that he didn’t move up, he fought Jacobs and Canelo twice after that video was shot.
            Who cares? Lol

Canelo vs Kovalev weight debates is based on what?

Canelo vs Smith at 168 is based on what?

Moving up? Lol “who cares”

Robbie Barrett

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              Canelo happened. Once Canelo moved up to 160 and declared he would stay at that weight, there was no more reason for Golovkin to move to 168.
              You’re not paying attention. Abel said 168-175, “somewhere in the middle.” Didn’t you watch the video?

Why do GGG diehards not acknowledge testimony?

aboutfkntime

Comment

If Canelo wanted to defend his middleweight crown 20 times and not move up in weight, I wouldn’t care and no one else should.

Originally posted by Greedo's Lawyer View Post
                Who cares? Lol

Canelo vs Kovalev weight debates is based on what?

Canelo vs Smith at 168 is based on what?

Moving up? Lol “who cares”

Robbie Barrett

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                  They were exploring a fight with Frotch and he decided to retire. 168 lbs was proven to be a very weak division. Caleb truax who got stopped by jacobs went on to win the title shortly after in Jan 2017.
                  lol. ''exploring.'' I think you missed the part that Abel said after they got the WBO.... Loeffler and GGG declined the BJS fight in Astana!

Comment

If Canelo wanted to defend his middleweight crown 20 times and not move up in weight, I wouldn’t care and no one else should.
                    lol. ''if.''

sounds like a copout to justify or defend a GGG milking 160 legacy

Comment

yea I don't care about the weight either

Mr " anyone from 154-168 " can fight at 160 his whole career, no problem

a lot of fighters campaigned in one division their whole career

he was actually perfectly entitled to feast on scrubs his whole career as well

it's just their talk that gets people riled

forget Ward, I get whats up when it came to Ward..... but I thought that Golovkin would fight guys like Saunders, Andrade, Charlo, Lara, etc..... refusing to negotiate on weight with 153lb Cotto, but being more than happy to negotiate on weight with 160lb Rosado..... is utterly ridiculous

ALL of those names he missed are a top 2 win on his resume

ALL of those fights could have made, on multiple occasions

some of those names, would be the best win on his resume now..... some of those other names, could still prove to be the best..... but are at least a top 2 win right now

pretty disappointing that a guy who promised fans so much, ended his career with so few notable wins on his resume, and so many notable misses..... wtf?

#timidselectionpolicy
                      Last edited by aboutfkntime; 07-13-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X