Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lol. Just found out canelo wants a catch weight and rehydration clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if this fight is at cw, i'm not interested.

besides, i don't even think canelo really wants to fight kova, i think he's just trolling golovkin.

canelo/ggg 3 in september, book it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      And everyone except for Bhop lost. Which is the point: forcing an opponent down to a weight difficult for them to make is like giving up a goal, a touchdown, 5 baskets or 5 runs before a match. It is a very difficult handicap to overcome, and puts a stain on any victory.
      That's a lie there are many examples of the smaller man putting in catchweights or forcing the big man to come down hoping to drain the bigger man and losing. Pavlik was the Middleweight champ of the world undefeated riding high challenged then light heavyweight Hopkins at catchweight 170 and pavik was a huge favorite and lost Many other examples of the bigger man coming down because the smaller man demanded it and winning. You are pretending that little man always wins when that's not true there are many examples on both sides of the coin.

EDIT: Trinidad impossed a catchweight 170 on Roy Jones to drain him Roy had fought at light heavyweight or heavyweight and not fought at super middleweight in a decade. Trinidad lost. Meldrick Taylor impossed a catchweight 150 for Terry Norris Jr Middleweight belt and lost. Chavez Sr impossed a catchweight 145 for Whitaker welterweight championship and lost (well officially got a draw but one of the most contraversal decisions). Point is catchweights have gone on forever and many examples on both sides with the bigger man or smaller man winning.
      Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-30-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        That's a lie there are many examples of the smaller man putting in catchweights or forcing the big man to come down hoping to drain the bigger man and losing. Pavlik was the Middleweight champ of the world undefeated riding high challenged then light heavyweight Hopkins at catchweight 170 and pavik was a huge favorite and lost Many other examples of the bigger man coming down because the smaller man demanded it and winning. You are pretending that little man always wins when that's not true there are many examples on both sides of the coin.

EDIT: Trinidad impossed a catchweight 170 on Roy Jones to drain him Roy had fought at light heavyweight or heavyweight and not fought at super middleweight in a decade. Trinidad lost. Meldrick Taylor impossed a catchweight 150 for Terry Norris Jr Middleweight belt and lost. Chavez Sr impossed a catchweight 145 for Whitaker welterweight championship and lost (well officially got a draw but one of the most contraversal decisions). Point is catchweights have gone on forever and many examples on both sides with the bigger man or smaller man winning.
        Yes you can go back to the early 1900's to see catchweight fights. I was just pointing out a couple more recent ones.

Comment

• For the money Kovalev could potentially make vs Canelo...He Will Do It!

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Yeah and its normal for people to be skeptical. The man has a point. It's wrecking boxing.
            how man elite catchweights fight have tehir been?

Comment

• Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              Man fuk catchweights.
              All it does is give the A side a chance to move up to a division that he has no right in being their.
              How can you win a LHW title when they aren't even fighting at the LHW weight?
              I hear ya, and I'm also against catchweights, unless they are absolutely necessary. It's not so here.

Just a reminder, though: Anything above 168, is technically lightheavy for the purposes of winning a trinket.

Comment

• It's crappy news if true. My interest dips then too.

I'd be surprised if Canelo did want the fight without catchweights or rehydration clauses. He holds the cards these days, like Mayweather used to.

But I'd be surprised if Kovalev could come in any lighter than he does now.

Comment

• MayPac started all this crap with their a-side b.s. Now all the new stars want to do it too.

Comment

• LOL You literally can't make this **** up.

Comment

• Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                      If this happens and he beats kovalev I will give him ZERO CREDIT FOR THIS AND HIS FELLOW AMIGO ROBERT GARCIA AGREES WITH ME.
                      Keep hating. He’s smashing you Ruskies left and right.

Comment

Working...
                      X