Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

casual fans need to learn how to score a fight.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• casual fans need to learn how to score a fight.....

to prevent users from continually embarrassing themselves, I am creating this educational thread to teach new (and old, lol) posters how to score a professional boxing match

let the lesson begin...

1.) the groundwork:

before we can arm you with the knowledge that you will need to survive in the cutthroat world of professional judging, we need to ensure that any incorrect perceptions are thoroughly removed from your mindset

strictly perform the following steps in order.....

* strip naked
    * stand in front of a mirror
    * hit yourself on the chin with the very best uppercut you can throw
    * repeat the last step until exhausted, or until you can no longer see

2.) the cleansing:

* repeat the following sentence 1000x, standing on 1 foot

" landed punches are NOT official scoring criteria in a professional boxing match "

* repeat that sentence 1000x more, standing on the other foot

3.) building the foundation:

you are now ready to receive valuable information that will enable you to discuss boxing with your peers without looking like a total fukwit...

a boxing match is judged using the following criteria, NOTHING else...

* clean hard punching
    * effective aggression
    * ring generalship
    * defence

4.) the lesson:

watch the following video repeatedly... if it takes 1000x, then so be it..... do NOT stop watching that video until you either..... 1) feel sick, because you realize how stupid you are..... 2) hate boxing more than anything else in the world..... either is fine

5.) the summary:

talking rubbish about something you know nothing about, cannot be viewed as anything other than childish ret4rdation

you guys who ran around criticizing the opinions of professional judges, professional fighters, and boxing insiders..... but then immediately proved that you know nothing about boxing..... are truly special

I hope you feel as stupid as you look

Borat was the aggressor in the first fight against Canelo, Pacquiao was the aggressor against Marquez, Sor Rungvisai was the aggressor against Estrada. Borat, Pacquiao, and Sor Rungvisai were excellent at blocking punches with their faces though so according to all of the f**ktards on here they won.

Comment

Landed punches don’t mean jack sht. Especially when you miss 80% of them. Canelo’s has a very high % of landed punches while throwing more combos and body punches. Of course GGG gonna have more landed when he threw 100’s more. But most was only like 2-4 more. Wow!!!

Comment

GGGtards get in here and learn how to score a fight and not buy into the network's agenda

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          to prevent users from continually embarrassing themselves, I am creating this educational thread to teach new (and old, lol) posters how to score a professional boxing match

let the lesson begin...

1.) the groundwork:

before we can arm you with the knowledge that you will need to survive in the cutthroat world of professional judging, we need to ensure that any incorrect perceptions are thoroughly removed from your mindset

strictly perform the following steps in order.....

* strip naked
          * hit yourself on the chin with the very best uppercut you can throw
          * repeat the last step until exhausted, or until you can no longer see

2.) the cleansing:

* repeat the following sentence 1000x, standing on 1 foot

" landed punches are NOT official scoring criteria in a professional boxing match "

* repeat that sentence 1000x more, standing on the other foot

3.) building the foundation:

you are now ready to receive valuable information that will enable you to discuss boxing with your peers without looking like a total fukwit...

a boxing match is judged using the following criteria, NOTHING else...

* clean hard punching
          * effective aggression
          * ring generalship
          * defence

4.) the lesson:

watch the following video repeatedly... if it takes 1000x, then so be it..... do NOT stop watching that video until you either..... 1) feel sick, because you realize how stupid you are..... 2) hate boxing more than anything else in the world..... either is fine

5.) the summary:

talking rubbish about something you know nothing about, cannot be viewed as anything other than childish ret4rdation

you guys who ran around criticizing the opinions of professional judges, professional fighters, and boxing insiders..... but then immediately proved that you know nothing about boxing..... are truly special

I hope you feel as stupid as you look
          Your wasting your time. I've been saying that for years & still has accomplished nothing.

These listed are the reasons most journalist scorecards are the definition of know nothing casual imbecility. These reasons listed are why Canelo won both ggg fights CLEANLY.

Ggg threw 80% arm punches with nothing behind them besides arm strength. Canelo LITERALLY teed off on ggg at will in both fights landing some of the cleanest combos up & downstairs of straight up haymakers where he twists his torso completely to get as much velocity as possible,ggg especially in the 2nd fight was throwing majority of punches on the back foot & failed to land anything but jabs cleanly 90% of the time.

Canelo landed every single punch in his arsenal while battering gggs body over 2 fights landing at a 100-13 disparity,& in both fights landing more power shots & at an extremely high percentage CLEANLY. Ggg was being instructed by Sanchez the entire rematch to keep throwing 1-2 shots & no more at a time,& that's all ggg did while canelo was the ring general in both fights,his punches in both fights were by far the cleanest hardest hitting punches delivered in combos gggs were not.

Ppl need to realize body shots are ALWAYS scored as power shots by definition & body shots are supposed to score high pts.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            Your wasting your time. I've been saying that for years & still has accomplished nothing.

These listed are the reasons most journalist scorecards are the definition of know nothing casual imbecility. These reasons listed are why Canelo won both ggg fights CLEANLY.

Ggg threw 80% arm punches with nothing behind them besides arm strength. Canelo LITERALLY teed off on ggg at will in both fights landing some of the cleanest combos up & downstairs of straight up haymakers where he twists his torso completely to get as much velocity as possible,ggg especially in the 2nd fight was throwing majority of punches on the back foot & failed to land anything but jabs cleanly 90% of the time.

Canelo landed every single punch in his arsenal while battering gggs body over 2 fights landing at a 100-13 disparity,& in both fights landing more power shots & at an extremely high percentage CLEANLY. Ggg was being instructed by Sanchez the entire rematch to keep throwing 1-2 shots & no more at a time,& that's all ggg did while canelo was the ring general in both fights,his punches in both fights were by far the cleanest hardest hitting punches delivered in combos gggs were not.

Ppl need to realize body shots are ALWAYS scored as power shots by definition.
            Borat’s jabs are like power shots doe!!!

Comment

I had a friend over when Martinez fought Chavez Jr., he never watches boxing. Martinez had won every single round and in round 12, when Chavez dropped Martinez, he got all excited and asked if that was enough for Chavez to win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                Landed punches don’t mean jack sht. Especially when you miss 80% of them. Canelo’s has a very high % of landed punches while throwing more combos and body punches. Of course GGG gonna have more landed when he threw 100’s more. But most was only like 2-4 more. Wow!!!

regarding G landing more.....

according to who, compubox ?

really ?

do compubox use the official scoring criteria when judging punches?

aight then, let's not talk about compubox

judges only score clean hard punching..... compubox scores anything and EVERYTHING, at times

and regarding percentage of landed punches.....

I do not score for that, and I don't think the judges do either

Golovkin should have been judged on the effectiveness of his punching, not the volume..... throwing more punches means nothing

it is a negative, sure..... but when Golovkin missed, especially wildly..... the judges scored defense for Canelo.....

throwing more punches, but missing..... is unnecessarily expending energy, and providing your opponent with opportunities..... can even fall under ring generalship..... especially if you tire late, and get countered often

I don't really score using percentages..... too iffy, and too difficult..... missing is accounted for under the official criteria

just my 2c, not 100% sure how the judges deal with that..... you could be right

I watch streetbeefs a bit..... mostly horrible styles and little technique, but good for a laugh..... interestingly, they posted their rules last night..... they do score using percentages, but Golovkin clearly would not have won that fight under their rules either

despite being amateur, streetbeefs realize that this is the hurt game, not the amateurs..... their main scoring criteria is meaningful punches, defense, and who manages to inflict their style on their opponent

they value effective aggression, but you must be landing meaningful punches to be regarded as "effective"

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                  I had a friend over when Martinez fought Chavez Jr., he never watches boxing. Martinez had won every single round and in round 12, when Chavez dropped Martinez, he got all excited and asked if that was enough for Chavez to win the fight.
                  I had some huge GGG fans over to watch the 2nd fight and they even said Canelo won. They've never seen GGG go backwards like that to the much smaller man...

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

Ppl need to realize body shots are ALWAYS scored as power shots by definition & body shots are supposed to score high pts.

yea, some of the stuff I read on this site is craziness

crazed lunatic fans LMAO

in 5 rounds of the first fight, ALL 3 judges awarded those 5 rounds to Canelo..... the rounds Canelo won, he won clearly..... but many of the rounds Golovkin won, were nip-n-tuck and questionable..... there is a HUGE argument to justify a draw imho, Golovkin was largely ineffective for much of that fight

I think the judges actually got it right eventually, no thanks to Dodo-Byrd

the argument that Canelo won..... is there, but is not very good imho

I am a Canelo fan, so I don't talk about the first fight too much

the rematch..... ?

Canelo clearly won..... /story

people who use the word robbery, for EITHER fight..... have identified themselves as dumb casual fans by their own whining
                    Last edited by aboutfkntime; 06-19-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X