Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor says he received a fight offer from Manny's team!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    If Paulie had beaten Artem in the BKFC fight I think it'd be more viable. Paulie catching an L to McConor's jockstrap holder, even outside of the boxing ring, isn't a great look.

I think the money fight is vs Manny for max casual fan interest/PPV dollars. That said Manny is a less winnable fight than a Paulie fight would be.

Since I'm of the opinion that McConor only has a handful of fights left I think you gotta go with the bigger fights & Manny wb a big fight.
    As a competitor it will be smarter for him to fight Malignaggi 'Beat him' and then move onto Pacquiao etc

But if it is just about the money? Then he can just go straight for Pacquiao 'Which will probably end quite badly'

I did see a Clip of Mcgregor recently doing pad-work with boxing gloves on 'The defeat to Mayweather would of bothered him'.
    Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-13-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Manny doesn't like a jab pumped in his face. Or didn't you learn from Floyd?

Not saying McGregor wins it, but that's all he has is a jab. And I'm not sure Manny could have taken the uppercut that Floyd did.
      Lmfao manny took clean shots from Thurman. unless you think Mcgregor hits harder than keith, Conor ain’t doing sht to manny with ANY punch

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
        As a competitor it will be smarter for him to fight Malignaggi 'Beat him' and then move onto Pacquiao etc

But if it is just about the money? Then he can just go straight for Pacquiao 'Which will probably end quite badly'

I did see a Clip of Mcgregor recently doing pad-work with boxing gloves on 'The defeat to Mayweather would of bothered him'.
        If I thought he was long for fighting I'd agree a lesser opponent & then Manny. I think this guy gots maybe 5 or 6 fights in him though. And I think he's a maximize profit type of guy.

Although if it can sell PPV than I could see it. But I think the thing with Paulie is more hardcore boxing & MMA fan thing & wouldn't drift as hard to the casuals & sportsfans. Maybe I'm wrong doe. The allure of the most famous guy in MMA in the ring could be circus fight enough to be sell a mill or so.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
          Lmfao manny took clean shots from Thurman. unless you think Mcgregor hits harder than keith, Conor ain’t doing sht to manny with ANY punch
          And Manny damn near lost to Thurman too. A Thurman that was fresh off getting beat from pillar to post by Josesito.

Comment

Eh in a whole other sport. Guys with weak hands & are too defensive shouldn't even be doing bare knuckle fights.

Not to mention it was a much shorter fight so Artem being used to a faster pace helped him too.

That said it's not like Paulie is close to his best days so I'd doubt Paulie would be a lock to beat McConor but I'd still make Paulie the favorite in a pure boxing match.
            I personally thought Paulie was winning the fight until he broke his hands and stopped throwing.

Comment

If Paulie had beaten Artem in the BKFC fight I think it'd be more viable. Paulie catching an L to McConor's jockstrap holder, even outside of the boxing ring, isn't a great look.

I think the money fight is vs Manny for max casual fan interest/PPV dollars. That said Manny is a less winnable fight than a Paulie fight would be.

Since I'm of the opinion that McConor only has a handful of fights left I think you gotta go with the bigger fights & Manny wb a big fight.
              Lets be real here, who would order McGregor/Malignaggi? Paulie isn't a name enough to get any boxing casuals, and he doesn't have the fan base to get any of the rabid boxing fans. It would basically be a UFC PPV, except fans of MMA wouldn't get it because who the **** is Paulie Malignaggi and why no lay down cuddle time?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                I personally thought Paulie was winning the fight until he broke his hands and stopped throwing.
                I feel like most boxing fans had it 3-2 Paulie & most MMA fans had it 3-2 Artem. Either way it was close & lotsa aspects of it were going against Paulie namely BK & the shorter duration of the fight so it's whatever. But an L is never a great thing & seldom does much to push you forward unless you were unknown going in.

Comment

I feel like most boxing fans had it 3-2 Paulie & most MMA fans had it 3-2 Artem. Either way it was close & lotsa aspects of it were going against Paulie namely BK & the shorter duration of the fight so it's whatever. But an L is never a great thing & seldom does much to push you forward unless you were unknown going in.
                  I had it 3-2 Paulie, but I wasn't going to mention that on account of my bias towards boxing.

It's why I don't understand people taking Connors side in the beef. I hated Paulie when he was a boxer, but he's a BOXER. His commentary work is just a bonus.

Comment

Lets be real here, who would order McGregor/Malignaggi? Paulie isn't a name enough to get any boxing casuals, and he doesn't have the fan base to get any of the rabid boxing fans. It would basically be a UFC PPV, except fans of MMA wouldn't get it because who the **** is Paulie Malignaggi and why no lay down cuddle time?
                    You're mainly preaching to the choir with this post BUT I do think with the hardcore's, the circus fight atmosphere + a solid sell this has potential to do 1M+ numbers. Idk that I'd bet on it but I'd argue it's doable.

Kinda curious where McConor's popularity is right now. He's coming off of his 2 biggest PPV's but he lost both of those fights. I feel like losing has hurt his draw but not really sure how much. Might not be by much.

Comment

I had it 3-2 Paulie, but I wasn't going to mention that on account of my bias towards boxing.
                      I don't even see it as a bias. I see it as a scoring criteria difference. In boxing defense matters & being aggressive but not effectively aggressive are different things. In MMA defense isn't scored & aggression matters, effective or not.

Truth be told idk where the BKFC lands on those aspects of fight scoring to suggest who's more right but I get why they got those viewpoints without it being about being biased for "their sport" even if some cats probably are.

Comment

Working...
                      X