Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather gets a pass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THe main issue is he made a man who never boxed a pro fight in his life look elite. THats bad for boxing. MMA takes the mickey out of boxers as it is. Now Floyd lowered the credibility of boxing as a combat sport.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      It should have been an exhibition so who really cares.

Floyd doesn't care about the fans.
      You may be right but I covered the Judah, Oscar, Hatton and Mosley press conferences. I will say this, Floyd stayed to sign every picture and signed every autograph for every fan requesting. In fact the fans were barricaded from the fighters and the media during the Mosley press conference. Floyd made security remove the barricades after the stare down.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
        Your absolutely right, but why get a pass ?
        I paid money to see two guys , who have Trained and are ready to give their all
        Why would you think that was what this fight would be?

If Floyd went all out in that fight it wouldn't have lasted the first round. There was zero chance of McGregor being competitive in any sense of the word if Floyd took it seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          This is a stupid thread and shows how easy it is to manipulate posters that combine stupidity with a burning hate for Floyd. If you read the article, which, in fairness might be difficult for you, he said:

“For the Conor McGregor [fight], I didn’t really train,” Mayweather said to The Drink Champs. “All I did was do pushups and situps. That’s all I did. Pushups and situps, box a few times, hit the bag a few times, because, actually, training camp was in different places. I would do training camp in Vegas a few days, [but] sometimes I wouldn’t go to the gym for a week.

“I took it serious, like I said before I wanted to have some fun in the fight and I wanted to entertain the people.”

Clearly he indicated he trained, just not as much for other fights. He also states he took it seriously.

It would be nice if you would've read the article rather than making a thread based on hating Floyd and reading a few posts from a bunch of other losers that hate him as well.
          Won’t even bother with you
          Your just like the fughin Brits , can’t say anything against your boy Floyd
          No chit it would be a stupid thread for you but I do recall many people attacking Andy Ruiz cause he didn’t train
          But Floyd gets a pass now fugh off
          Had it been any other boxer , your kunt azz would be here bashing him for not training and not taking it seriously
          Fughin hypocrite , I read your threads and your posts , very savvy when it’s not about your boyfriend Floyd
          But the minute we talk Floyd everyone who opposes him is ignorant or stupid or wtv
          Maybe when you stop choking on Floyd’s digh , your eyes won’t be so watery and you can see a little further than those 2-3 inches

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Because Floyd won.
            This.

Its just disrespectful to Conor tbh lmfao (which is why he said it)

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              THe main issue is he made a man who never boxed a pro fight in his life look elite. THats bad for boxing. MMA takes the mickey out of boxers as it is. Now Floyd lowered the credibility of boxing as a combat sport.
              He def didn't make conor look elite . Almost Everytime you see a pro sparring someone inexperienced they walk them down , let them shoot their load , smother their punches , tire them out and then take it to them . I've seen what floyd did way to many times in the gym. Iam no floyd hugger but anyone with substantial experience boxing saw exactly what happened. That's why floyd got the stoppage altho conor has horrible stamina and would have tired either way lol . Conor looked good I agree but he didnt look elite , an experienced boxer would have waited floyd out and forced his usual tactics which also wouldnt bode well for mcgregor . Conor landed two nice punches for which I give him credit , but floyd fought this fight like he was sparring am inexperienced fighter like he should have . I just dont see how he lowered the credibility of our sport but that's just my opinion .

^^^^ what the guy above me said , if anything floyd disrespected conor by not training . And walking him down like he did . He proved what he said all along . Floyd pisses me off alot but he did what he should have and it worked . If he didnt train that's on him I personally think he didnt train for a championship bout but he def put some work in .
              Last edited by NORMNEALON; 02-13-2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
                You may be right but I covered the Judah, Oscar, Hatton and Mosley press conferences. I will say this, Floyd stayed to sign every picture and signed every autograph for every fan requesting. In fact the fans were barricaded from the fighters and the media during the Mosley press conference. Floyd made security remove the barricades after the stare down.
                Which Mosley press conference? There were multiple.

I have seen Floyd be great with fans in the past, signing autographs etc

But I have also seen him be seflish with his fans many times too. And I have been ringside for many Floyd fights. I was ringside for his supposed final fight against Andre Berto, a fight in which is the first time ever where I've seen a pro Mayweather crowd as it was his "farewell fight". All for him to put on a lackluster performance and after the fight say "I didn't try, that was a D grade performance by me as I just wanted to finish my contract"

Gee, thanks Floyd. It's not like we're paying our hard earned cash or anything

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  To all boxing fans
                  Please explain why does Floyd get a pass ?
                  He just came out saying he did not train for his fight with Conor
                  Isn’t that a slap in the face to his fans ?
                  What about those fans who ponied up big bucks to go see a boxing match , two hard training individuals punching each other for victory ?
                  If Floyd doesn’t take the sport seriously how can we take him seriously ?
                  If it were any other boxer , who stated that they did not train for a competitive ( no pun intended ) fight , this board would be lit up , with fans wanting his fughin head
                  So why not Floyd’s head
                  It wasn’t ok when Andy Ruiz didn’t train , so why is it ok when Floyd doesn’t train ?
                  Floyd won. He obviously said he took him serious. Just didn't train as much and why would he? He basically fought an amateur boxer.

Don't know why you so emotional about this lol. If andy ruiz would've said he didnt train BUT WON! Then noone would really be annoyed by him. But he didnt train and he lost that's the difference.

Stop being emotional.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                    Why would you think that was what this fight would be?

If Floyd went all out in that fight it wouldn't have lasted the first round. There was zero chance of McGregor being competitive in any sense of the word if Floyd took it seriously.
                    Because that’s what their supposed to be
                    A professional fighter , coming in shape for a fight
                    Do you go to work everyday or whenever you feel up to it
                    My point is , had it been another fighter who came out saying he didn’t take it seriously , people on this and other sites would want him dead
                    I know it was a Bullchit fight , he carried him until Floyd won his wager but at least keep it on the hush , save face

Comment

I had no problem with the fight. I didnt pay for it or watch it live cuz i knew what was going to happen. It was a load of bollocks. But then it was not a proper Boxing match as far as i was concerned and it meant nothing so it was a nothing fight. But lots of people were excited about it, thats the target market and it did really well.

If you knew it was guna be a joke but still paid for it then you are a tit. But saying all that Floyd is a dick who would say something like that but behind the scenes he is a training monster, he never puts himself at any unnecessary risk. He will of no doubt trained for that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X