Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor says Manny Pacquiao deal is close to being done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, I'll doubt that it happens. Pacquiao's team still has 1 more fight in the PBC contract and we hadn't heard anyone from Manny's team.

Comment

Ireland got their April Fool's Day going on right?

Comment

Manny has made a career off of fighting floyds leftovers. Delahoya,hatton,mosley so I can definitely see this fight happening.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
          I want this fight.

It will be interesting to see Pacquiao topple someone twice his size.

Or maybe he'll be too old and gets hurt and mcregor stops him

Either way It's gonna be ****ing interesting lol

McGreggor has no power in boxing, none. He wont hurt Manny.

The thing that did surprise me the most about Floyd-McGreggor was McGreggor took Floyd's shot pretty well, I didnt think he would take boxing punches that well. He wont take Manny's shots though, Manny will light him up badly.

Its going to be weird as hell with the reach difference, McGreggor has a 74" reach. Pac can still run in on him though and has little worry about catching anything since McGreggor has zero power.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
            Manny is 41 years old lol

Floyd was 40... Conner is now 3 years older himself.

Manny beat Thurman and Broner last year, he will have no problems stopping Connor, especially with that power and speed.

The mechanics will look weird though. Small short arms vs big with long arms. First rounds might be weird and sloppy if Connor doesnt get blitzed out early.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
              Manny has made a career off of fighting floyds leftovers. Delahoya,hatton,mosley so I can definitely see this fight happening.
              Mayweather also made a career of fighting Pacquiao left overs like Marquez and Cotto.

Comment

Conor is awful at boxing. If Manny take it seriously (unlike Floyd that toyed with him until the late rounds) will ko him within the first 3 minutes.

Comment

Pac will ricky hatton him

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
                    I'm not a journalist and i don't know the exact definition of bracketed quotes, I think it's supposed to be contextual and implied. However i'm clearly mis-remembering because I was thinking of the below.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-s...llenge--144639

“With all due respect, I always felt that I have nothing to do in an MMA cage,” Canelo said to Little Giant Boxing. “I think the same if they get into a boxing ring. They have nothing to do. But from a business standpoint, yes it’s something attractive but it is not a challenge for me therefore it is not my priority.”

Which is a direct quote, though his wording was not as conclusive as I had remembered or interpreted it. He's clearly saying it's a possibility, albeit not a priority.
                    Bro, what I put was a direct quote from Carnelo. He straight up said if it was good business (money) he would do it. As would every fighter including Manny who called out McGregor already back after he fought Lucas.

I keep telling people, boxing is a business. So we need to STOP saying "well Floyd did it but Canelo/Manny/Crawford/etc. wouldn't because they're not about money" because we all know the truth. They are all prizefighters . That's what they do, fight for the biggest prize.

Comment

conor has a fight this weekend... he's just doing his part by promoting that fight by saying he's gonna fight manny, floyd, etc.. how is he gon fight floyd, pac and paulie? lol. yall dont see anything wrong with that? he's just throwing the 3 names that will generate the most interest involving him.

Comment

Working...
                      X