No announcement yet.

patterson and rocky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patterson and rocky

i've been thinking about it, and i thing a prime patterson could beat a prime marciano. if it went the distance rocky would lose a wide ud, and i think it might be possible for patterson to ko rocky as well. just my opinion.

Originally posted by butterfly1964
    i've been thinking about it, and i thing a prime patterson could beat a prime marciano. if it went the distance rocky would lose a wide ud, and i think it might be possible for patterson to ko rocky as well. just my opinion.
    not a chance floyd could beat rocky. not a chance in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by blockhead
      not a chance floyd could beat rocky. not a chance in hell.
      if the fight went the distance, then there's no chance of marciano winning, patterson would hit him 3 times as much.

Comment

if the fight went the distance, then there's no chance of marciano winning, patterson would hit him 3 times as much.
        no chance the fight ever goes the distance. patterson gets knocked out and might just get really severe brain damage.

Comment

no chance the fight ever goes the distance. patterson gets knocked out and might just get really severe brain damage.
          how is it no chance? it's not like marciano never went the distance with a fighter.

Comment

how is it no chance? it's not like marciano never went the distance with a fighter.
            he wouldnt go the distance with patterson. i cant see patterson avoiding rockys right for 15 rounds. he would get caught eventually and caught badly.

Comment

he wouldnt go the distance with patterson. i cant see patterson avoiding rockys right for 15 rounds. he would get caught eventually and caught badly.
              roland lastarza managed to go 15 with rocky.

Comment

so, that doesnt mean floyd could. floyd was really good but i just see him getting hurt badly if this would have happened. marciano was just vicious. he went in there and hurt people. he didnt box he punched and hard. and nobody hurt him.

Comment

so, that doesnt mean floyd could. floyd was really good but i just see him getting hurt badly if this would have happened. marciano was just vicious. he went in there and hurt people. he didnt box he punched and hard. and nobody hurt him.
                  let me clue you in on something. in 1955, marciano fought archie moore and moore floored him in the second round and gave him trouble the whole fight, and it took 8 rounds and 5 knockdowns to finish moore. a year later moore fought patterson and was obliterated in 5. how do you explain that?

Comment

Their first fight was a 10 rounder. LaStarza lost the fight because Rocky floored him in the 4th round.

Comment

Working...
                    X