No announcement yet.

The Most Complete Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    how about mike mccallum? thats who emanuel steward says is the most well rounded fighter he ever trained, and nobody trained close to as many top fighters as him.

think about it.. he could fight on the outside or the inside, come forward or use the ring, be first or counter. solid power in both hands, good speed, nice combinations, obviously went to the body well, great defsense, excellent chin.. i struggle to find a weakness in him, and i struggle to find a style he never beat too. tall jabber (mccrory), counterpuncher (curry), southpaw (kalambay, graham), power puncher (jackson), brawler (collins).

yeah for me its the great but so under appreciated mike mccallum.
    McCallum is a complete fighter, so I definitely respect your call, but I chuckled when I saw Stewart talking about complete fighters. If it was up to him Sam Langford should fight tall.

Comment

Originally posted by donkim View Post
      I hope you hate Marvis for the very same reason then.
      Marvis Johnson? Marvis Frazier?

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
        Marvis Johnson? Marvis Frazier?
        I'm betting on Marvin but the written word can be "misleading"

Comment

bernard hopkins(if we are talkin skills and not natural attributes like speed, power etc)

hopkins in his prime could brawl, had decent power with great footwork and is a very slick defensive fighter, can fight in the outside, in the pocket etc

he can do it, only if he was more naturally gifted, but then again if you think about it, being able to compete at a high level at 44 is a god-given gift already

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
            I'm betting on Marvin but the written word can be "misleading"
            hmm yeah and I think i need to go to bed too. Who the hell is Marvis Johnson? Good night.

Comment

Originally posted by donkim View Post
              They don't mean anything.These old reports can be misleading and other times just blatant lies.
              And of course you can provide proof of these misleading reports and blatant lies, right?

Comment

Robinson
                Pep
                Both Leonards
                Charles
                Duran
                Louis
                Jofre

The list is endless and debatable when it comes to opinions on the most complete fighter.

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson.....knockout power with both hands...Iron Chin, massive heart, mythical stamina, uppercuts, hooks, straights, combinations, ability to stand toe-to-toe and also dance, fought every style, always fought the best even past his prime....if there's such a thing as a complete fighter its him...end of story...you can't name me anyone who was more complete than Sugar ray

Comment

What about Ricardo Lopez? I always felt he was the perfect fighter in his prime. Very fundamentally and technically sound. I think his size hurts him though... I only mentioned him cuz nobody has...

Comment

Originally posted by The Stone Roses View Post
                      Sugar Ray Robinson.....knockout power with both hands...Iron Chin, massive heart, mythical stamina, uppercuts, hooks, straights, combinations, ability to stand toe-to-toe and also dance, fought every style, always fought the best even past his prime....if there's such a thing as a complete fighter its him...end of story...you can't name me anyone who was more complete than Sugar ray
                      Ray Robinson aint complete. The guy gets hit a lot. His defense while not bad, isnt as great as his other attributes.
                      Best yes. Most complete no.

Comment

Working...
                      X