No announcement yet.

Better jab: Cotto or Mayweather???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better jab: Cotto or Mayweather???

Cotto's jab was his best weapon against Pacquiao. No doubt Floyd will be taking the jab into consideration as one of the keys to victory against Pacquiao. But does Mayweather have a better jab than Cotto?

fast and with good technique.
    he hardly doesn't use it much because he sticks it to his opponents body instead of the head and uses the st8 right ala Jones to their head.

Comment

they are different.

Cotto's is stronger, since he is a converted southpaw and all. He has KD power in that jab.

Mayweather's is faster by miles... and thus opponents don't see it coming. Or if they do, they don't have enough time to block/evade it.

From a tactical standpoint, I would pick Mayweather's. From a brute force and power aspect, I would pick Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        Cotto's jab was his best weapon against Pacquiao. No doubt Floyd will be taking the jab into consideration as one of the keys to victory against Pacquiao. But does Mayweather have a better jab than Cotto?
        uhhh i'm with pac but floyd is the real deal bro. If pac is going to win he will be fighting the complete floyd. jab defense foot movement right hand stamina and all... how can you say something do ignorant floyd has a huge jab!

Comment

Ward.

Comment

Cottos is a harder jab.
            Mayweathers more accurate and faster. Both are great

Comment

Cotto....................

Comment

Originally posted by R.Winky Wright View Post
                uhhh i'm with pac but floyd is the real deal bro. If pac is going to win he will be fighting the complete floyd. jab defense foot movement right hand stamina and all... how can you say something do ignorant floyd has a huge jab!
                Who was saying anything as ignorant as to imply Floyd doesnt have a good jab??? I'm well aware that Floyd has a tremendous jab. But the question i posed to the forum was who has the better jab: Cotto or Mayweather???

I was asking myself that very question and could not quite decide because their jabs are different so i wanted to see what other people thought.

Comment

Cotto. Mr boat buyer's jab is mostly to the body, a weapon to keep guys at bay and set up a quick right up top. Cotto puts pop behind his jab and does more damage wit it. Throws it more too.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                    they are different.

Cotto's is stronger, since he is a converted southpaw and all. He has KD power in that jab.

Mayweather's is faster by miles... and thus opponents don't see it coming. Or if they do, they don't have enough time to block/evade it.

From a tactical standpoint, I would pick Mayweather's. From a brute force and power aspect, I would pick Cotto.
                    Perfectly said.

Comment

Working...
                    X