Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella on Wilder: Biggest Victim of PED Use in Boxing History!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    The prestigious WBC lineage that began with Stiverne-Arreola 2?
    Did it began there? I could sworn that : Lennox, Klitschko, Holifield, Tyson, Holmes, Ali, Frazier, held this title before Wilder ; perhaps you are thinking of lineage in terms of the division. Lets face it no joker would attempt to argue any other title comes close in value in the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Did it began there? I could sworn that : Lennox, Klitschko, Holifield, Tyson, Holmes, Ali, Frazier, held this title before Wilder ; perhaps you are thinking of lineage in terms of the division. Lets face it no joker would attempt to argue any other title comes close in value in the sport of boxing.
      Yes it began there, thats what a lineage is. It was broken when Vitali retired.

Qualify your argument then - what makes the WBC title any more valuable than the WBA title? After all, most of the greatest Champions in the divisions history have held the WBA title - more so than the WBC.

Comment

Winning a paper mache belt off AJ will forever mean more than winning the WBC off Stiverne.

Comment

Yes it began there, thats what a lineage is. It was broken when Vitali retired.

Qualify your argument then - what makes the WBC title any more valuable than the WBA title? After all, most of the greatest Champions in the divisions history have held the WBA title - more so than the WBC.
          Well this is very simple : the WBA has two champions, it split around 2011 when they created their 'Super-Champion' my friend yet the WBC has never compromised its legacy in the sport. Cheerio.

Comment

Originally posted by Karoriori View Post
            Winning a paper mache belt off AJ will forever mean more than winning the WBC off Stiverne.

I know why you are mad.

Comment

Well this is very simple : the WBA has two champions, it split around 2011 when they created their 'Super-Champion' my friend yet the WBC has never compromised its legacy in the sport. Cheerio.
              Poor response

No-one recognises the WBA's secondary title other than promoters and the WBA. The lineages of the WBA title are tracked from the Super title, or from when it is the sole WBA title. So it really makes no difference to this argument.

Shall we just forget about the WBC's interim system that seems to act very similarly - Canelo and Golovkin both defended a WBC middleweight title within 2 weeks of their respective fights.

There's a long list of acts by the WBC that have diminished its value. Its just one of 4 now, and in the current HW division, reflects a fighter who isn't seen as the no.1

Comment

If Vitali had kept fighting, he would've lost the belt to Wilder eventually anyway.

He retired at the right time and saved himself from a lot of unnecessary damage.

Keep doing your thing, Deontay. Unification in 2018. Bomb squad!

Comment

I know why you are mad.
                  Not mad at all. If Wilder and AJ fight then it has some real meaning to it again but after it was fought for between the winner of Stiverne and Arreola there's less significance. I feel the same away about Parker vs Ruiz for the WBO.

Comment

Poor response

No-one recognises the WBA's secondary title other than promoters and the WBA. The lineages of the WBA title are tracked from the Super title, or from when it is the sole WBA title. So it really makes no difference to this argument.

Shall we just forget about the WBC's interim system that seems to act very similarly - Canelo and Golovkin both defended a WBC middleweight title within 2 weeks of their respective fights.

There's a long list of acts by the WBC that have diminished its value. Its just one of 4 now, and in the current HW division, reflects a fighter who isn't seen as the no.1
                    LMAO they promote their regular champions to 'Super-Champions' BWAHAHAHA!!! sorry UK Fanboys Deontay is the REAL HW champion of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                      If Vitali had kept fighting, he would've lost the belt to Wilder eventually anyway.

He retired at the right time and saved himself from a lot of unnecessary damage.

Keep doing your thing, Deontay. Unification in 2018. Bomb squad!
                      Great post brother Thurman. We know that stiff couldn't KO fat-boy Arreola at that point in his career, yes indeed the 'Bronze-Bomber' would of also been ducked by Vitali....but I could be wrong he did have heart ( sometimes).

Comment

Working...
                      X