Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like to use analogy with my favorite fighters but Lennox was "destroyed" twice and the fact he beat both fighters in the rematches doesn't mean he traveled in the past and changed it.

Lost is the lost, getting KOed is getting KOed. I don't know why people put so much on that. It's HW and it is almost impossible not to lose some when you fight 40+ on top level.
    Last edited by Simurgh; 01-18-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• IMDAZED laying the smackdown :cool9:

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        I don't like to use analogy with my favorite fighters but Lennox was "destroyed" twice and the fact he beat both fighters in the rematches doesn't mean he traveled in the past and changed it.
        Lennox avenged his defeat, but yes absolutely he was poleaxed by the prime Rahman that Klitscho hid from for years. I have no problem with that.

Cant really agree that McCall destroyed Lennox, the fight was prematurely stopped, but again Lennox destroyed McCall immediately after.

So fair play to Lennox for avenging defeats that the Klitschos dont do. Thats the difference bwtween them - Lennox does it himself against primes, the Klits play tag when they lose against fringe next to retirement 38 year olds.
        Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-18-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

You don't see anything.

Lets put some facts straight...

Sanders ducked Wladimir and gave away his WBO belt so the WBO cannot order him to fight Wlad.
          Its odd that you want to infer the WBO wanted Corrie to rematch Wlad, seeing as the WBO had no rematch clause for the pair, and furthermore immediately ordered Corrie to face no1 contender Lamont Brewster, not Wlad.

Corrie on the other hand was well justified in seeking out a bigger paying retirement fight with Vitali for the bigger WBC belt. Note the words 'retirement fight' - he had one foot in the retirement door before he destroyed Wlad.

Nor did Wlad seek out a rematch to prove he could beat Sanders even though he had years to do it. The onus was on Wlad to seek a rematch, he was the one who was DESTROYED, in the way that Lennox Lewis does by in turn IMMEDIATELY DESTROYING his nemesis - Wlad doesnt.

So why would you so zealously argue a point that is completely wrong on every count?
          Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-18-2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Lost is the lost, getting KOed is getting KOed. I don't know why people put so much on that. It's HW and it is almost impossible not to lose some when you fight 40+ on top level.
            you meant to write ' its almost impossible for the Klits to lose some when they fight near 40 year olds at the top level', surely that fits the facts better?

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
              you meant to write ' its almost impossible for the Klits to lose some when they fight near 40 year olds at the top level', surely that fits the facts better?
              For the moment I forgot why I ignore you. Big mistake!
              You are joke!

Comment

For the moment I forgot why I ignore you. Big mistake!
                You are joke!
                a you are back to answer avoidance, ok, fair enough, you have a right to avoid the posts you cant reply to.

Comment

'ducked Wlad', yes he ducked the guy he DESTROYED in his last fight. Like Lewis 'ducked' Vitali after tearing him apart. I see your pattern of thinking here....

Klitscho gets destroyed by point of retirement opponent=opponent who destroys Klitscho is actually ducking him, NOT destroying him

ahhaa but so you do mean point of retirement 38 year old Corrie Sanders, thanks for clearing up that confusion. (*shaking head*) yes, he wasnt a great opponent, he was on the point of being finished forever.
                  Sanders wasn't beltless because of Wlad anyways. His mandatory was Lamon Brewster.

Comment

a you are back to answer avoidance, ok, fair enough, you have a right to avoid the posts you cant reply to.
                    What can I discuss with you when 95% of your posts are on hating Klitschkos. I gave you several chances thinking wrongly we can discuss normally.

- NO LENNOX DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY REMATCH MCCALL! It took him 2.5 years to do that. (just 6 months less than for Wlad to beat Brewster and I remember you saying Wlad took too much time).

- I HAVE no SINGLE doubt Wlad would beat Sanders. He beat better fighters since then. Reason he didn't fight Sanders I already explained several times. He was seeking for the rematch it wasn't meant to be. Right after the fight only words from Wlad were he wants to fight him again.

- Wlad beat more unbeaten boxers, more younger fighters, has more wins in championship fights than Lennox did (this is only for sake of your comment and for that purpose only, NOT FOR LENNOX VS WLAD COMPARISONS).

Now I don't avoid posts, I AVOID YOU! I feel sorry every time I wasted my time on you and your hating stuff. If you have glorified Lennox and was saying he is the best thing since sliced bread I would be ok with that, but constant hate on every single thread I really can't stand!

Go away! I am done with you!
                    Last edited by Simurgh; 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I don't like to use analogy with my favorite fighters but Lennox was "destroyed" twice and the fact he beat both fighters in the rematches doesn't mean he traveled in the past and changed it.

Lewis was knocked the fuk out by Rahman.
                      He got him back with one of the most sensational pay back knock outs of all times.

But he was knocked out.

Couple of points to ponder:

IF THERE IS A VERY DEFINITION OF A LUCKY PUNCH.

Lewis-Rahman I was it.

Lewis won 3 of 4 rounds leading into round 5, he was up on the score cards. He was lazy but winning the fight due to jabs alone.. He was getting ready to go into 'Gear 2' (Remember he have 4 gears)
                      But he got hit by a sneak attack punch and he was left doing the Amir Khan.
                      All good.

MCCALL-LEWIS I

was bullshyt.

Lewis might have been gone, but Mccall was a nutter. What he would have done is entirely up for debate.

The odds of Mccall just walking around and letting Lennox recover is just as great as the odds of him finishing Lewis off.

The odds of Lewis clinching to survive until he get his legs back is JUST as great as the odds of Lewis getting knocked out.

he wasn't knocked OUT against Mccall. he was floored and the fight was stopped.

Comment

Working...
                      X