Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Hopkins was caught on PEDs who would be surprised & how would you rate his legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Roy took Ripped Fuel that you can get from GNC
    And Rafael Palmeiro thought it was a B12 shot.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
      People still say Roy was great even though he had banned substances, people say Shane was great even though he had taken banned substances...
      Now Tarver....
      Thoughts please brothers
      None of them are great, they're cheats. Only clean fighters can achieve greatness, the others are false idols, frauds who shamed the sport.

If B-Hop was roiding then he'd join the list, but he hasn't so he isn't.

Comment

Hopkins may cheat inside the ring with his tactics and all but if I could guess who's on roids, it wouldn't be Hopkins. Discipline in taking care of yourself goes a long ways sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Bh gives hopes to all us oldies, but one thing about BH is his fitness. How is possible to have that fitness?
          He doesn't drink or do drugs. He trains well, eats well, sleeps well. He is a clever dude, and has a technique that has allowed to him to nurture it and adapt it with his old age.

Comment

We probably shouldn't be surprised by anyone getting caught using. With Hopkins, the extraordinary longevity he has would make it very easy for people to believe he is using.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
              I'd be very surprised if it was ever proved and yes it would damage his legacy massively. Any kind of cheating tarnishes your achievements.
              this^^^^^^^^

I would be sooooooooo gutted!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
                If Hopkins was caught on PEDs who would be surprised & how would you rate his legacy
                I would be surprised if BHOP was caught on PEDS in his prime.

BHOP had no power. He didn't have better than average speed. He didn't appear stronger than average either.

His style was the ugliest style I've seen in years and didn't really display as much athleticism as it did craftiness and dirty tactics.

PEDs for Hopkins = overkill IMO. He didn't need them for what he did. They don't make sense for what he does.

Maybe for stamina now that he's a dinosaur in the sport, but aside from that his game is the same.

Comment

It would damage his legacy of course.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he got caught but it's getting to a stage where I wouldn't be surprised if anyone got caught.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    It would damage his legacy of course.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he got caught but it's getting to a stage where I wouldn't be surprised if anyone got caught.
                    So true. I cant find a reason not to have advanced testing in a fight this day and age.

Comment

It still shocks me to see Hopkins going in the shape and condition he is in for his age.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was clean, but equally I wouldn't be shocked if he had been using. if he got caught then his legacy takes a massive hit. He's not a fan favourite fighter that draws massive crowds, but he has respect amongst fans and peers alike due to what he is doing at his age. if that all turns out because of PEDs, then his legacy is battered.

Comment

Working...
                      X