No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik vs Scott Sigmon June 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
    I like this kind of fight for Kelly. Steady work and not too high caliber. Depending on how the fight goes its going to prove if Kelly is really training to come back or taking it easy. Its boxing and anything can happen if you dont tie all your loose ends. See: Thompson KO2 Linares. That's why they fight the fights.

TBH if Kelly wins I would like to see him fight someone like Ishida (after Pirog beats him) then go after Pirog.

I think Pavlik vs Pirog would be a big seller here esp on the east coast maybe Atlantic City. Tons of ways they can sell that fight. USA vs Russia angle etc.

Might just be wishful thinking from a Pavlik fan but I hope he kicks it into gear and gets back to form.
    I don't think he's going down to MW or either man is going up... especially Ishida.
    As for his opponent, I just watched his fight against Jimmy Campbell and he (sigmond) is a come forward fighter that tries to apply pressure... Pavlik is going to destroy him. If he isn't knocked out in less than 4 rounds, I'll be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      I don't think he's going down to MW or either man is going up... especially Ishida.
      As for his opponent, I just watched his fight against Jimmy Campbell and he (sigmond) is a come forward fighter that tries to apply pressure... Pavlik is going to destroy him. If he isn't knocked out in less than 4 rounds, I'll be surprised.
      I thought Kelly was going to go back to MW after his tuneups?

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
        I thought Kelly was going to go back to MW after his tuneups?
        He said he had a hard time didn't he? I don't know....

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          your posts reverberate with positivity

Seriously though, boxing is lame as fuk right now. Nothing to be positive about.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Is this what they're doing now?

Having fighters face bums but passing them off as "grudge matches"?
            To tell you the truth, get used to these kinda fights with Pavlik till Chavez is opened to fight him. Unless of course, he leaves Top Rank by then. They gonna feed Pavlik bums, make him look good then feed him to Chavez or any other cash cow Top Rank might have to replace him (Chavez) and make them look good cause they fought Pavlik.

This is of course just my guess of Top Rank's plans with Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              To tell you the truth, get used to these kinda fights with Pavlik till Chavez is opened to fight him. Unless of course, he leaves Top Rank by then. They gonna feed Pavlik bums, make him look good then feed him to Chavez or any other cash cow Top Rank might have to replace him (Chavez) and make them look good cause they fought Pavlik.

This is of course just my guess of Top Rank's plans with Pavlik.
              Weren't they going to match him up against Bute or something?
              Watch Arum shock us all and set up a fight against the Groves/Steilgritz winner.

Comment

Weren't they going to match him up against Bute or something?
                Watch Arum shock us all and set up a fight against the Groves/Steilgritz winner.
                You talking about Pavlik? My gut feeling says Chavez. Again, unless Chavez leaves him.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  You talking about Pavlik? My gut feeling says Chavez. Again, unless Chavez leaves him.
                  Last year they tried to set him up with Bute, but it fell through the roof. JCC jr maybe, but Pavlik will have to go down to 160... don't know if he'll do that.

Comment

Last year they tried to set him up with Bute, but it fell through the roof. JCC jr maybe, but Pavlik will have to go down to 160... don't know if he'll do that.
                    By the time a Pavlik-Chavez fight is in talks JR will prob have lost to Martinez then he can go up and meet him at some agreed upon weight not as if he makes weight without probls either

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                      By the time a Pavlik-Chavez fight is in talks JR will prob have lost to Martinez then he can go up and meet him at some agreed upon weight not as if he makes weight without probls either
                      Chavez will have had loss to Lee. Then he can think about Pavlik.

Comment

Working...
                      X