Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you guys remember the hype for Ward Schooling Kov?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you guys remember the hype for Ward Schooling Kov?

"Wards gonna NULLIFY That Kova Jab!"
    "Ward is going to slip and catch him in the outside and the inside"!

"There is just no way Ward can be touched by Kv's Jab."

"Ward's Left jab will nullify Kova's right hand."

1st minute of the fight, Kov lands a right and hand wobbles Ward with a Jab.....okay.

Drops him in the 2nd.....okay.

Wins 5/6 rounds in the first half and wins 10 and 12.

Ward U.D And they still call themselves "objective" boxing fans.

Inefficient offense from Ward and inefficient defense from him/

It was a fight between 2 top 3 p4p fighters...only trolls were extreme on both sides..most unbiased posters said it was a 50/50 fight and would be close...

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
      It was a fight between 2 top 3 p4p fighters...only trolls were extreme on both sides..most unbiased posters said it was a 50/50 fight and would be close...
      I was a 50/50 fight but who show cased more skills there? WARD? Who got dropped and was eating jabs all night or Kova who was landing that Jab at will, winning the battle of the jabs, battle of power shots and the battle of the clinch? It was competitive but was a clear win for Kova, giving 10 and 12 for Andre is ridiculous.

Comment

I overrated Ward outside but still though he should avoid outside with Kova,it seems like Ward just cant box,inside his good but Kova was counter wrestle him good at first rounds.

Comment

Ward won, it's over let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            I was a 50/50 fight but who show cased more skills there? WARD? Who got dropped and was eating jabs all night or Kova who was landing that Jab at will, winning the battle of the jabs, battle of power shots and the battle of the clinch? It was competitive but was a clear win for Kova, giving 10 and 12 for Andre is ridiculous.
            I gave Kovalev the 10th....but Ward had a great case for the 12th

1-10-9-kovalev
            2-10-8 kovalev
            3-10-9 ward
            4-10-9 kovalev
            5-10-9-ward
            6-10-9 kovalev
            7-10-9-ward
            8-10-9 ward
            9-10-9 ward
            10-10-9 kovalev
            11-10-9 ward
            12-10-9 ward

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
              I overrated Ward outside but still though he should avoid outside with Kova,it seems like Ward just cant box,inside his good but Kova was counter wrestle him good at first rounds.
              Kovalev Showcased how ineffective Ward was on the outside against him and how ineffective ward was on nullifying his jab and avoiding the right hand. Kovalev showcased also how to defend Ward's clinches and fight on the inside. Ward relies on opponents not having a good jab to fight outside and then using his superior strength and size to bully them on the inside. And Kovalev was not the smaller man nor did he not have a good jab. It was a beautiful display from Kov on how to disrupt Ward's rythym with his jab, because the moment Ward trie's to enter he would counter with the left and stuns Ward and that was the story of the fight.

Comment

Ward isn't great from the outside, he's "proficient" But not great.

He's primarily an inside fighter and that's a dying art these days so he usually has free reign on the inside.

His handspeed ain't amazing nor is his footwork

Great defence and inside game, above average everything else basically

Kovalev disappointed me I think he believed his own hype a bit too much and thought he'd blast ward out easily

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                  Ward isn't great from the outside, he's "proficient" But not great.

He's primarily an inside fighter and that's a dying art these days so he usually has free reign on the inside.

His handspeed ain't amazing nor is his footwork

Great defence and inside game, above average everything else basically

Kovalev disappointed me I think he believed his own hype a bit too much and thought he'd blast ward out easily
                  It's what happens when you're fighting guys who fold after the 1st KD. It was said here I believe, what was his plan B if he couldnt put Ward away?

Comment

yea ward didnt school him but imho he won majority of the rounds. wasnt easy tho you could see ward was very cautious of kovalevs power.

i hope theres a rematch ward just shook off some cobwebs im pretty sure and we will get that shut out next fight!

Comment

Working...
                    X