Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody on here who don't care for Eminem's music?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    I've heard 4 of his albums. I believe his debut Look What You Did To Me, he's definitely influenced by Geto Boys and Bone Thugs, IMO.

Other three I've heard were King of da Ghetto, his self titled album, and Let Truth Be Told or whatever.

He's good, he's underrated, but a GOAT......C'mon son.
    He has never put out a bad album, the whole of what you did to me was fire, literally not one weak track on there. His ABN and Guerilla Maab **** is all dope as well and he was the best rapper in a great and very very influential hip hop collective, he has rapped with so many dope rappers and never been outrapped. How many rappers can you name with better hooks then him? How many rappers can mix singing with rapping better than him? Other than face has Texas ever produced anyone better than him?

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      He has never put out a bad album, the whole of what you did to me was fire, literally not one weak track on there. His ABN and Guerilla Maab **** is all dope as well and he was the best rapper in a great and very very influential hip hop collective, he has rapped with so many dope rappers and never been outrapped. How many rappers can you name with better hooks then him? How many rappers can mix singing with rapping better than him? Other than face has Texas ever produced anyone better than him?
      That's all good and well, but as an emcee, he doesn't have anything on a KRS, Em, Nas, L, etc.

Em to me is Top 5 Dead or Alive because he can do anything in there. He's not defined by one style of emceeing, because he's done so many different sounds and styles, all while keeping it original to himself. I don't think I've seen too many who put words together like he does.

Z RO ain't bad, but there's nothing he's doing or has done that makes me think of a GOAT. All his stuff sounds good, but nothing earth shattering by any means

Comment

That's all good and well, but as an emcee, he doesn't have anything on a KRS, Em, Nas, L, etc.

Em to me is Top 5 Dead or Alive because he can do anything in there. He's not defined by one style of emceeing, because he's done so many different sounds and styles, all while keeping it original to himself. I don't think I've seen too many who put words together like he does.

Z RO ain't bad, but there's nothing he's doing or has done that makes me think of a GOAT. All his stuff sounds good, but nothing earth shattering by any means
        Why don't you answer any of the questions? Is it because you can't answer them? I'd like to see everyone you consider the greatest also. I never claimed him to be top 5. Em put out two great albums, the past decade or so has been 95 per cent trash from him.

Comment

Why don't you answer any of the questions? Is it because you can't answer them? I'd like to see everyone you consider the greatest also. I never claimed him to be top 5. Em put out two great albums, the past decade or so has been 95 per cent trash from him.
          Em put out 3 great albums, that are universally regarded as great albums, and/or classics. And you said one of the greatest, meaning a GOAT. How you gonna call Z RO a GOAT, then proceed to call Em trash???

How can you call these cuts trash??? Sure he's had some whack songs and an average albums or two, but still by and large he's spittin' on his albums since Eminem Show and 8 Mile stuff. Encore had 4 whack songs, some meh ones, and some real gems on there. Relapse was wordy and ill lyrically, but there were some stinkers, and that accent was crap 90% of the time. But there's still bars and songs there where he's spitting undeniably. Recovery had some whack tracks, but by and large he was going HAM on almost every track. Hell the Sequel was ill, he and Royce went in. And MMLP2 he's spittin' hard on 95% of the tracks there man, even non Em fans have praised his spittin' on that album.

It's like the guy did sooooo well on his first three, that if he doesn't make albums that 100% as good as those, they're trash. It's like the clowns who keep comparing Nas to his work on Illmatic or It Was Writtem or people comparing Jay to his work on Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint/Black Album. They can't accept that maybe emcees can't keep replicating classic albums over and over and over again. I mean they're only human. SSLP, MMLP, EM SHOW are universally regarded as classics and/or GREAT albums. Encore was iiiight, weighed down by those 4 whack songs. Relapse was decent, weighed down by an ill advised accent. Recovery was solid, where he really returned to spittin' straight forward and going hard on almost every track. Even those faults on those three albums don't automatically make them trash. And MMLP2 is dope, his best since Eminem Show, hands down. Not to mention his work on his underground album Infinite.

Never Enough, Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, We As Americans, Love You More, Spend Some Time, Mockingbird, 3AM, Must be the Ganja, Deja Vu, Beautiful, Underground, Stay Wide Awake, Drop the Bomb On Em, Music Box, Elevator, My Darling, Careful What You Wish For, Cold Wind Blows, On Fire, Going Through Changes, Seduction, No Love, Ridaz, Session One, So Bad, Almost Famous, Untitled, Welcome 2 Hell, Fast Lane, Loud Noises, Bad Guy, Rhyme or Reason, A$$hole, Groundhog Day, Legacy, Rap God, Baby, Brainless, Love Game, Headlights, Wicked Ways, Beautiful Pain, Evil Twin are all dope songs that come to mind when thinking about his career post-8 Mile era.

On the top of my head, some of greatest include guys like Rakim, KRS, Big L, Em, Nas, Black Thought, Pac, BIG, Kane, Jay, G Rap, etc.
          Last edited by 4Corners; 11-27-2013, 08:47 PM.

Comment

All his shlt sounds the same. :manyWORD:

Comment

that entire genre of music sucks! hip hop, rap, dance, house, etc, etc... it all sucks! rock & roll & heavy metal musicians are the only real musicians out there... if you think reality show winners have talent then you need to f**k off!

Comment

Em put out 3 great albums, that are universally regarded as great albums, and/or classics. And you said one of the greatest, meaning a GOAT. How you gonna call Z RO a GOAT, then proceed to call Em trash???

How can you call these cuts trash??? Sure he's had some whack songs and an average albums or two, but still by and large he's spittin' on his albums since Eminem Show and 8 Mile stuff. Encore had 4 whack songs, some meh ones, and some real gems on there. Relapse was wordy and ill lyrically, but there were some stinkers, and that accent was crap 90% of the time. But there's still bars and songs there where he's spitting undeniably. Recovery had some whack tracks, but by and large he was going HAM on almost every track. Hell the Sequel was ill, he and Royce went in. And MMLP2 he's spittin' hard on 95% of the tracks there man, even non Em fans have praised his spittin' on that album.

It's like the guy did sooooo well on his first three, that if he doesn't make albums that 100% as good as those, they're trash. It's like the clowns who keep comparing Nas to his work on Illmatic or It Was Writtem or people comparing Jay to his work on Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint/Black Album. They can't accept that maybe emcees can't keep replicating classic albums over and over and over again. I mean they're only human. SSLP, MMLP, EM SHOW are universally regarded as classics and/or GREAT albums. Encore was iiiight, weighed down by those 4 whack songs. Relapse was decent, weighed down by an ill advised accent. Recovery was solid, where he really returned to spittin' straight forward and going hard on almost every track. Even those faults on those three albums don't automatically make them trash. And MMLP2 is dope, his best since Eminem Show, hands down. Not to mention his work on his underground album Infinite.

Never Enough, Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, We As Americans, Love You More, Spend Some Time, Mockingbird, 3AM, Must be the Ganja, Deja Vu, Beautiful, Underground, Stay Wide Awake, Drop the Bomb On Em, Music Box, Elevator, My Darling, Careful What You Wish For, Cold Wind Blows, On Fire, Going Through Changes, Seduction, No Love, Ridaz, Session One, So Bad, Almost Famous, Untitled, Welcome 2 Hell, Fast Lane, Loud Noises, Bad Guy, Rhyme or Reason, A$$hole, Groundhog Day, Legacy, Rap God, Baby, Brainless, Love Game, Headlights, Wicked Ways, Beautiful Pain, Evil Twin are all dope songs that come to mind when thinking about his career post-8 Mile era.

On the top of my head, some of greatest include guys like Rakim, KRS, Big L, Em, Nas, Black Thought, Pac, BIG, Kane, Jay, G Rap, etc.
                Most of those songs you have named are not good and very forgettable, some of them are down right awful, let's not forget Em dropped some songs that were downright appalling.

What are is the other great albums? Reasonable doubt and It was written were very good albums, but they have only been called 'classics' in hindsight, it was only when Jay got big people pulled it out as a 'classic'.

Why wouldn't you put Face down, the only person who has a better discography on there than him is Pac.

Why are you still ignoring my questions?

Comment

Most of those songs you have named are not good and very forgettable, some of them are down right awful, let's not forget Em dropped some songs that were downright appalling.

What are is the other great albums? Reasonable doubt and It was written were very good albums, but they have only been called 'classics' in hindsight, it was only when Jay got big people pulled it out as a 'classic'.

Why wouldn't you put Face down, the only person who has a better discography on there than him is Pac.

Why are you still ignoring my questions?
                  Well The Eminem Show is considered a great album by many, same with Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP.

Em dropped some records from 2004-2005 that were TERRIBLE, but are 5-6 TERRIBLE tracks enough to take away from the dope stuff he's done?

I see you don't hate my list too bad, I should give it more thought to perfect my top 10.

"Not good" is horrible argument man. But I could guess there's a reason why you probably don't think Em is that great, and it ain't his music, but that's just the hunch I get with you homie.

Oh and "classic" is usually a term used in hindsight, hardly any albums are INSTANTLY called classics. I didn't hear anyone saying Me Against the World was an instant classic in 95' or that Paid in Full was an INSTANT CLASSIC back in the 80's.

From a lyrical level, and emceeing, rhyme structures, there's very few that are as dope as Em. I'll take what a Rakim or G Rap says when it comes to Em over a guy who called Z RO "one of the greatest". Not to mention Em has timeless records like a Pac. I don't see any other relevant emcee doing a song like Stan or Kim, ever.
                  Last edited by 4Corners; 11-27-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Not good is personal taste. For instance, I could play a song on here by Z RO where he's singing the same old s**t, and rapping about the same old stuff with his same old sound, and you'd call it dope. Or I could play something by Em, regardless of what it is, and you'd say it's "not good".

Comment

Well The Eminem Show is considered a great album by many, same with Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP.

Em dropped some records from 2004-2005 that were TERRIBLE, but are 5-6 TERRIBLE tracks enough to take away from the dope stuff he's done?

I see you don't hate my list too bad, I should give it more thought to perfect my top 10.
                      Considered by who exactly? I mention the terrible songs, because it degrades his standing especially given the fact that he had a whole lot more to work with than almost everyone else, I didn't say it overshadows his classic material because it obviously hasn't, doesn't mean I ignored it.

"Not good" is horrible argument man. But I could guess there's a reason why you probably don't think Em is that great, and it ain't his music, but that's just the hunch I get with you homie.
                      Your argument is opinion too, not much of this is objective. Come out and say what you mean.

Oh and "classic" is usually a term used in hindsight, hardly any albums are INSTANTLY called classics. I didn't hear anyone saying Me Against the World was an instant classic in 95' or that Paid in Full was an INSTANT CLASSIC back in the 80's.
                      Obviously but you can see when something is a classic in the making, Jay-Z had a slept on album and because he became very successful people lauded it as a classic when it shouldn't be, it would be like calling Infinite a classic now.

From a lyrical level, and emceeing, rhyme structures, there's very few that are as dope as Em. I'll take what a Rakim or G Rap says when it comes to Em over a guy who called Z RO "one of the greatest". Not to mention Em has timeless records like a Pac. I don't see any other relevant emcee doing a song like Stan or Kim, ever.
                      Scarface said Z-RO is one of the best but that doesn't change his work, you keep ignoring my questions by the way, and by the way when have a said Eminem isn't a great rapper? I just said he isn't top 5 and I said he has been making trash for years, I never said he wasn't a great rapper, you just caught feelings like a hoe.

Comment

Working...
                      X