Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo is an idiot for dropping off the card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is simply tired of being Floyd's little side attraction, and wants to do this own thing. He's also now fighting arguably the best fighter at 154, so what are you *****ing about?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Canelo is simply tired of being Floyd's little side attraction, and wants to do this own thing. He's also now fighting arguably the best fighter at 154, so what are you *****ing about?
      Once again

UFC with one months promotion turns a woman into a PPV attraction who makes 450k buys fighting a nobody in her first fight.

Boxing, after three or more years can't get Canelo headlining a PPV that could even break 200k buys.

Does this not make you sick?

Also, I said nothing about who he's fighting. I'm talking about his star power here. His fight against Trout on Showtime probably won't even get as many people watching as his fight against Hatton did on HBO. Canelo got a big popularity boom after beating Mosley, and rather than ride the wave he jumped down the tunnel that is showtime so less people could see him.

I understand there's such a thing as taking it slow but it's almost half a decade since they started hyping this kid.
      Last edited by croz; 03-01-2013, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
        Iam reminding you moron that Canelo is a super star in his own right so he doest need your hero help in the U.S to become a super star,you understand now moron?
        He's not a superstar in the US and if he wants to make a ton of money outside of becoming klit he's going to have to promote himself here. The point the OP is trying to make is to become an crossover star (which all said and done I think may be impossible for Canelo unless he fights living bodies) he has to market himself better to a wider audience than just Mexico. You think Manny is liked only the Philippines? To be a big star you need more than one audience...and preferably to make a lot of cash outside of rare cases you need to be well known in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
          Once again

UFC with one months promotion turns a woman into a PPV attraction who makes 450k buys fighting a nobody in her first fight.

Boxing, after three or more years can't get Canelo headlining a PPV that could even break 200k buys.

Does this not make you sick?
          canelo hasint had a ppv.why u in a rush too see him on ppv?lol
          its great its not ppv

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
            Being promoted amazingly? He's been around for years now and he can't get more than 2 million people watching him on HBO and isn't fit to headline his own PPV.
            I might be engaging a citizen of the Flomo nation here, but how many fighters do draw more than 2 million viewers on HBO?

Comment

i think its a good move by canelo.

Comment

dude is pissed because canelo won't be floyds ppv attraction

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Canelo is really not that big of a star. And being on Floyd's undercard was def not a bad thing for him. He is very full of himself tho. But I respect his desire to fight trout so it cancels out

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                    He's not a superstar in the US and if he wants to make a ton of money outside of becoming klit he's going to have to promote himself here. The point the OP is trying to make is to become an crossover star (which all said and done I think may be impossible for Canelo unless he fights living bodies) he has to market himself better to a wider audience than just Mexico. You think Manny is liked only the Philippines? To be a big star you need more than one audience...and preferably to make a lot of cash outside of rare cases you need to be well known in the states.
                    Never said he was a super star in the U.S but he is slowly reaching that level and Canelo will easily become a cross over star if he keeps winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                      wtf do u think hes doing next.Not only hes fighting a live body,Hes
                      fighting the best 154 fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X