Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had the hardest jab in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liston and Foreman are two answers that stand out to me. Quartey as well.

Holmes had a jab with the force of a right hand but I consider it more a fast, well delivered weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Neither does.
      Both had underrated jabs, Bruno especially.. If anyone jabbed similar to Liston, it was big Frank.. Believe they had the same reach aswell
      As for Cooney, he was a one armed bandit who did everything with his left, his jab carried enough power to be competitive with prime Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        Liston and Foreman are two answers that stand out to me.
        As the thread question was who had the hardest jab, Liston and Foreman might well top the list.

And as others have mentioned here, the fast, sharp jabs of Holmes and Ali should probably count as more sufficient.
        In a documentary of Ali-Liston I, the Ali camp says before the fight that "Liston can't throw a double jab".
        And watching vids of Sonny, it's a rare sight seeing him do it.
        Last edited by Ben Bolt; 12-09-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          Both had underrated jabs, Bruno especially.. If anyone jabbed similar to Liston, it was big Frank.. Believe they had the same reach aswell
          As for Cooney, he was a one armed bandit who did everything with his left, his jab carried enough power to be competitive with prime Holmes
          good call on bruno. he did have a good thudding jab. just ask lewis. he gave lewis fits with it until he got caught with that left hook

Comment

A guy who deserves mention is Brandon Rios I think he has 3 or 4 knockdown off his jab

Comment

**** gotta mention Vitali and Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                A guy who deserves mention is Brandon Rios I think he has 3 or 4 knockdown off his jab
                I was thinking this but all time idk. Right now though hes my first pick.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                  good call on bruno. he did have a good thudding jab. just ask lewis. he gave lewis fits with it until he got caught with that left hook
                  Absolutely!.. He hurt Lewis time and time again with his jab, and totally busted up Quick Tillis with it

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
                    1. Liston
                    2. Foreman
                    3. Louis
                    4. .Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                      ...Holmes had a jab with the force of a right hand but I consider it more a fast, well delivered weapon.
                      Qualify as you wish, but I thought I saw Holmes knock Marvis Frazier off balance (or was it down?) with one of his torpedoes. Speed is power! (the speed at which a punch is delivered can generate enough power to wreck havoc).

Comment

Working...
                      X