No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Stand Firm: Eye Martinez, Cotto, Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toltec77 View Post
    Read what I wrote carefully buddy, then maybe you would understand me.
    I can tell your just playn stupid! 154 is welterweight and 160 is middleweight ass wipe.
    everyones call it jr middle, not super welter

http://******.craveonline.com/ratings/jr-middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by julian45 View Post
      everyones call it jr middle, not super welter

http://******.craveonline.com/ratings/jr-middleweight
      not everyone,some organizations call it superwelter,some call it super bantam and others jr featherweight...superfeatherweight/jr lightweight..it depends on the organization

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        not everyone,some organizations call it superwelter,some call it super bantam and others jr featherweight...superfeatherweight/jr lightweight..it depends on the organization
        You might want to research this whole thing, the WBC just pulled it out of there ass to make something

Comment

Martinez is the worst beating on that list with out question, too strong, Canelo has expericance with Welters and Jr Welters like Floyd, He aint getting in the ring with a guy that fights monsters and beats the wheels off of them
          Martinez is a great athlete, but I feel he can be somewhat neutralized with a good jab and quickness. While canelo has not gone to war yet, I believe he has the tools to make it a competitive fight with Martinez. If you notice the fighters he demolished were slow and come forward fighters (Pavlik, Williams, Chavez)

Comment

Originally posted by jr2122 View Post
            Martinez is a great athlete, but I feel he can be somewhat neutralized with a good jab and quickness. While canelo has not gone to war yet, I believe he has the tools to make it a competitive fight with Martinez. If you notice the fighters he demolished were slow and come forward fighters (Pavlik, Williams, Chavez)
            I have never heard anyone call Williams slow, pre Martinez Williams II. Cintron when he was relevant was not slow, and dont tell me that was a draw, that was a KO and he was robbed of it.Serhiy Dzinziruk is not slow. The only true slow guy was Chavez, but being 200 pound might have somehting to do with that. Tell Jermain Taylor that Pavlik is slow

Comment

I have never heard anyone call Williams slow, pre Martinez Williams II. Cintron when he was relevant was not slow, and dont tell me that was a draw, that was a KO and he was robbed of it.Serhiy Dzinziruk is not slow. The only true slow guy was Chavez, but being 200 pound might have somehting to do with that. Tell Jermain Taylor that Pavlik is slow
              I wasn't denying the caliber of opposition he's faced but Williams was all offense, all the time, he telegraphed his attacks and Martinez took advantage. Pavlik, in addition to his trouble making weight, couldn't get off first and was just too big and slow for Martinez. The same goes for Chavez, as much as the lack for any boxing skills. Cintron, IMO, thought he got head butted and could've made the count, but Martinez did beat him. Dzinzurik was content with trying to counter and waited til he made a mistake.

On the other hand, Canelo is fresh, some might make the argument that he's too fresh. He has good boxing skills, very good power, and could fight both inside and out. His chin has yet to be tested at the major league level and he's never been in a war but that's why they fight, to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by jr2122
                Quote:

Originally Posted by julian45

Martinez is the worst beating on that list with out question, too strong, Canelo has expericance with Welters and Jr Welters like Floyd, He aint getting in the ring with a guy that fights monsters and beats the wheels off of them

Martinez didn't destroy Macklin? Could've sworn Macklin got KTFO. And he sure as hell didn't try to fight coming forward. Trying to discredit Martinez eh?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  the fact that this paper chump even has a shot at those 3 guys is disgusting. true definition of a hypejob. alvarez is everything that's wrong in boxing.
                  Great comment..i think the same...

Comment

Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
                    Doesn't he have to fight some contenders first?
                    Yeah right..this is crazy..

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Body Movin'

the fact that this paper chump even has a shot at those 3 guys is disgusting. true definition of a hypejob. alvarez is everything that's wrong in boxing.

Great comment..i think the same...
                      Canelo deserves a shot at Floyd/Cotto/Martinez but Lara/Kirkland/Molina don't deserve a shot at Canelo? How does that work? What has Canelo done that those 3 haven't? Maybe they should fight JWWs and beat up little Solis.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X