Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIGHTER OF THE DECADE the most prestigious award.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meat View Post
    fuuck off *******.

41-0 > fotd
    43-0 > 41-0 > fotd

Comment

FOTD is just about the highest acclaim you can get in boxing really. SRL got it as well, and some people argue he shouldnt have got it. THats the way it is, not everyone is going to agree on everything are they.

Comment

B.Hop was robbed...thats how I feel!!!...that award means NOTHING at the end of the day in my book...am I mad?!?...maybe, but at least I'm not trying to play it off or sugarcoat how I feel....Manny, Floyd, Calzaghe or whoever didn't hold it down like B.Hop....Manny didn't even fight one ELITE unbeaten fighter...not one....Floyd fought Baldi, Zab, Oscar and Hatton and skated out on Cotto....and then cameback after EVERYBODY beat a few years off each others primes...smh...Calzaghe shouldn't even be in the conversation...so lets just pretend he wasn't nominated

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          FOTD is just about the highest acclaim you can get in boxing really. SRL got it as well, and some people argue he shouldnt have got it. THats the way it is, not everyone is going to agree on everything are they.
          SRL is one of the most overrated boxers in History. Right up there with Crocky Marciano and guys like Tyson.

Him winning a FOTD is like Snoop Dog winning the "Best Neighbour award". A Complete JOKE.

I dont think FOTD means anything, its like The ATG/p4p list debate, just a popularity contest.

and dont talk about voting.

Do you know the number of ******s that have votes for HOF and FOTD?

When ******s like Michael Marlay have a vote and Journalists who post poorly written articles on BoxingScene have votes then its a big big joke.

Its all politics + popularity contest.

The best fighter of decade is usually always the guy who didnt deserve it.

Thats why HOF doesnt mean chit, 80% of the HOF is full of bums but since they fought 50 years ago they are legends somehow!

I mean Joe Cortez is in the HOF. Who the **** voted for him? He is one of the worst ref's in boxing history.
          Last edited by Medved; 08-16-2011, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            But, the Pac race was a close race. I thought Pac deserved to win but it was close. I mean if you go by the whole decade year by year who had the better year each year. You damn right it was close. I still think Pac had the edge.

However, that was not the decade I was talking about

There are times when is not even close yet the guy who deserves it doesn't get it. Like Emile Griffith deserved to win FOTD or also Carlos Monzon in the 70's deserved it more than anyone and it wasn't even close yet didn't get it. Duran also had a case for the 70's.

Point is if the most deserving guys don't get it. Then how could it be the most prestigious award?
            wasn't close, it was the biggest margin gap in the history of voting. pac had twice as many votes. if you go year by year, then you have t0 factor in the loses.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowboxing89 View Post
              wasn't close, it was the biggest margin gap in the history of voting. pac had twice as many votes. if you go year by year, then you have t0 factor in the loses.
              I really wasn't talking about the votes. But, more who deserved it.

And, yea you go year by year and factor in the losses. That's why you go year by year.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                the real fighter of the past decade is Bernard Hopkins

70s Ali
                80s Leonard
                90s Jones
                00s Hopkins
                If the decade was from 1995 to 2004 then yes. Losing to Jermain twice and Calzaghe is a bummer.

Comment

LOLs

floyd will never win fighter of the decade

amir khan will win the next one

*****s cry moar

Comment

Working...
                  X