Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/1 on Vitali by Decision I was so close to putting that bet one.

Ahh well, Vitali did what he had to do.

But he wasn't impressive.

It's just so clear to me that Wladimir is the better brother.

Comment

• This fight SHOULD prove that Frazier would beat Vitali however I doubt it will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        This fight SHOULD prove that Frazier would beat Vitali however I doubt it will.
        Frazier would chop that tree into neat little logs and piss on them.

Comment

This fight SHOULD prove that Frazier would beat Vitali however I doubt it will.
          Not if they both were 40 it doesn't. We can't pretend that Vitali is anywhere near his physical prime now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Not if they both were 40 it doesn't. We can't pretend that Vitali is anywhere near his physical prime now.
            I would take Frazier over the Lewis version as well.

Comment

• thought chisora showed balls
              that's as good as he can fight. he went all out for a few rounds in the middle of the fight.

i thought vitali looked very old. he's slowing down, not really punching hard, and he even looked a bit shaken once in the middle rounds.

what he hell was he doing on the ropes?

i'd like to see klitschko make 2012 his last year in boxing.

with the standards of the hall of fame these days he's certainly getting in eventually
              he doesnt need money
              and there arent a ton of good fighters out there. somebody might take advantage of his age, but he wont pass the torch to another great fighter.

respect for chisora. he took a lot of shots and showed a hell of a chin. great gameplan. really good execution

i'd fancy him to stop fury if he shows up in condition like that

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                3/1 on Vitali by Decision I was so close to putting that bet one.

Ahh well, Vitali did what he had to do.

But he wasn't impressive.

It's just so clear to me that Wladimir is the better brother.

in his prime i'd pick vitali to spark wladimir but you're right in that he looked very old tonight.

Comment

I would take Frazier over the Lewis version as well.
                  And that is fine. But it's not fair to come to that conclusion based on what Vitali is able to do in 2012. Especially considering that the 37 y/o Frazier who fought Jumbo Cummings wouldn't have even beaten Chisora.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    And that is fine. But it's not fair to come to that conclusion based on what Vitali is able to do in 2012. Especially considering that the 37 y/o Frazier who fought Jumbo Cummings wouldn't have even beaten Chisora.
                    I agree. Although age has been kinder to Vitali than it was to Frazier.

Comment

I agree. Although age has been kinder to Vitali than it was to Frazier.
                      Of course. Ultra aggressive fighters like Frazier, Tyson, etc. almost never age well.

Comment

Working...
                      X